No announcement yet.

Chicago!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am selling my 540i M Sport on Sunday ( I hope, deposit in hand). Who has something cheap for me to try? I want something small for garage space so maybe another e30 is in my future...
    sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
    1997 M3 (sold)
    1989 320i Touring (sold)
    1990 325i (sold)
    1991 535i/5 (sold)
    1986 325es (sold)

http://etasport.tripod.com
    http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/bm...library/Public

Comment

ignore the username

Hi Chicago. I've been on this site for a long time, learning everything, not posting much, mainly because in my haste to join I chose such a lame username (and seems like the moderators don't like to be bothered with name change requests). My name is Ian, I live in the Ukrainian Village. I bought a 1990 325is in 2011 and love it, and love the e30 community and BMW community a lot as well. Since then I added an e46 touring in 2013 from Pennsylvania and drove home through the Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains.

bmw325_num99, I checked out your website, that 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA must have been fun! Some of the best stock wheels to come out of that era in my opinion as well.
      Ian T.
      BMWCCA #518713
      1990 325is | 2001 325xi Touring

Comment

Greetings, Thor! Sounds like a nice drive home from PA. I agree about my Trans Am wheels, so nice.
        sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
        1997 M3 (sold)
        1989 320i Touring (sold)
        1990 325i (sold)
        1991 535i/5 (sold)
        1986 325es (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by bmw325_num99 View Post
          I am selling my 540i M Sport on Sunday ( I hope, deposit in hand). Who has something cheap for me to try? I want something small for garage space so maybe another e30 is in my future...
          So you're getting that leg shortening surgery so you can fit in an E30? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
            That is probably what it would take. I miss them. I am thinking something small for my garage but that I can fit in:

Miata
            e30
            Mr2
            Wrangler
            rx7
            fj40
            4runner
            bmw airhead bike
            bmw f650/450gs bike
            or nothing and rent a fun car on Turo when i want it. There is a Z4 M coupe on there, for example.

Who has any better ideas for me?
            sigpic

2003 BMW 540i/6 M Sport
            1997 M3 (sold)
            1989 320i Touring (sold)
            1990 325i (sold)
            1991 535i/5 (sold)
            1986 325es (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by thor:it View Post
              Hi Chicago. I've been on this site for a long time, learning everything, not posting much, mainly because in my haste to join I chose such a lame username (and seems like the moderators don't like to be bothered with name change requests). My name is Ian, I live in the Ukrainian Village. I bought a 1990 325is in 2011 and love it, and love the e30 community and BMW community a lot as well. Since then I added an e46 touring in 2013 from Pennsylvania and drove home through the Blue Ridge Mountains and Smoky Mountains.

bmw325_num99, I checked out your website, that 1991 Pontiac Trans Am GTA must have been fun! Some of the best stock wheels to come out of that era in my opinion as well.

Sup,Ian, we're twins(ish). I live in Bucktown and have an e30('91 318i) and e46(sedan)

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
                Definitely recommend the surgery, it's worth it.

Originally posted by genbar View Post
                Sup,Ian, we're twins(ish). I live in Bucktown and have an e30('91 318i) and e46(sedan)
                Nice! Good to meet you, twins for sure. I cracked my oil pan on the e30 2 weeks ago and that was scary but the m20 came out unscathed. It's good to have it back. Do you guys know what's going on in the BMW community around here? Meet ups, wrenching days, etc?
                Ian T.
                BMWCCA #518713

Comment

Originally posted by thor:it View Post
                  Nice! Good to meet you, twins for sure. I cracked my oil pan on the e30 2 weeks ago and that was scary but the m20 came out unscathed. It's good to have it back. Do you guys know what's going on in the BMW community around here? Meet ups, wrenching days, etc?

Rob Siegel, "The Hack Mechanic" will be attending the show and will speak and sign copies of his new book after.

Don't miss it.

Comment

Cool, I was thinking about heading to that, now I think I will. I just read his column in roundel last night too!
                    Ian T.
                    BMWCCA #518713

Comment

Whats up all? I had a 325is I sold to a guy in PA a few years back and he sold it to a guy in the Chicago area. Has anyone see this car kicking around? Car is s50 swapped with Houndstooth. Looking to buy this car back even if the owner is not looking to sell. Thanks!!

Comment

Come to VintageFest this Sunday... There will be a few

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        1987 BMW 325is,(M3 S50 Swapped)-Current
                        2010 FJ Cruiser, aka E30 Support Vehicle-(Daily)
                        2008 Scion xB Lowered
                        2001 BMW 325i
                        1995 BMW 318ti
                        1966 Ford Mustang Coupe
                        1965 Ford Mustang Coupe

My Thread

Comment

I've never seen it around west burbs, but we have VintageFest this Sunday, maybe the car will be there..
                          I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                          DB vert plastic bumpers
                          OEM Keys
                          MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                          91 ic Calypso 3.1
                          86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                          TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                          e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                            I've never seen it around west burbs, but we have VintageFest this Sunday, maybe the car will be there..
                            That would be sweet. I'm dying to find it. I did the Vin search and all I got was Chicago area.

Comment

Originally posted by peasouped View Post
                              Whats up all? I had a 325is I sold to a guy in PA a few years back and he sold it to a guy in the Chicago area. Has anyone see this car kicking around? Car is s50 swapped with Houndstooth. Looking to buy this car back even if the owner is not looking to sell. Thanks!!

I have not. But wow [emoji44] that's a beaut!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope I'm not violating a policy here but after 3 years, I am selling my 65k mile 1989 325iX. I've listed on Craigslist and Car Guru's. It has been a totally dependable daily driver during fall and winter but getting some subtle encouragement by the family to upgrade to a safer / more airbags / modern car.
                                1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

Working...
                                X