No announcement yet.

1991 Brilliantrot 318is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post the picture from your sig, your car looks amazing in that one.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanac
      Hey TIATO mind if I use a couple pics of your car on my website? I needed to find a pic or two of a red e30 from the side or from the front. Yours are the best I have found. Thanks, I hope!
      bwanac. Thank you for the compliment. Feel free to use my images it on your website, all I ask is for appropriate image credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
        Thnaks TJ, heres a larger version of my sig image.

Comment

Thanks man, will do. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by TIATO
            Originally posted by Digitalwave
            Thnaks TJ, heres a larger version of my sig image.

Amazing. The first time I saw your sig, I couldn't tell if it was your car or an original picture taken by BMW.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Hey Tiato,
              First off, beautiful e30.
              I was wondering why you use undersized tires on your track wheels? Is there a handling advantage?
              '91 318is
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brew
                Hey Tiato,
                First off, beautiful e30.
                I was wondering why you use undersized tires on your track wheels? Is there a handling advantage?
                Thank you!

Those track wheels came with the car when I purchased it some 6 months ago. Also the BFG G-Force KDs are wide, even for a 205 width tire. They are probably closer to a 215. The lower aspect ratio is mainly for fit and tire / strut clearance. With this tire / wheel combo I got about a 1/4" space between the sidewall and strut tube.

Also, the 50 aspect ratio is the only 205 sized 15" tire that BFG has in that series.

But of course the lower aspect ratio does improve handling. A lower aspect ratio reduces the height of the sidewall, thus making it stiffer and more responsive while making the ride a bit harder.

Comment

Good deal.
                  My car actually came with that size michelin pilot alpin snows and I was kinda pissed when I realized they were undersized because they were such nice tires. I feel a little better about it now, knowing that one of the better drivers on the board has that size too. :)
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

The "OTHER" car

Some pix of the other car...1998 328is

17x8 BBS RKs

17x8 winter wheels and tires.
                    These are another variant of BMW Radial Spokes in the e36 et38 fitment. In this country these style wheels are mostly seen on late model 5 series

Comment

Very nice car. Looks like a nice setup for the track.

Have you driven/ridden in other E30's? I'm curious to know your opinion of the H&R coilovers in the E30 application, especially vs. other setups.

Comment

Working...
                      X