Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As promised... US smoked ellips. 56k negative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As promised... US smoked ellips. 56k negative.

Arright, so i was trying new things with my angel eyes, playing with the color and cable postion, and decided that i should probably snap some pics of the smoked ellips on the car.

I haven't been able to wash it since it snowed, since the last time i tried, the water started to freeze up on the car and in my ABSORBER.

So the car is as dirty as it has ever been, but jusat ignore that until i do a formal photoshoot this weekend.

Here we go...

Nick

87 325 5MT
    02 IS300 5MT

Looks really nice. Are you doing a write up? :)
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

The lights look good! Good work Nick.

Not digging the mirrors though.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

lets see some good daytime shots with all the lighting off. Look good in those pics though!
        BEERTECH

Comment

you plan on selling a kit for that?

Comment

that is the first set of e30 angel eyes that i actually like. good job!
            98 M3/4/5

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318
              you plan on selling a kit for that?
              I haven't decided yet, The amount of work i had to do to get it right was unreal, It was NOT easy, and designing a kit work be difficult but doable.

I'll prolly do a write up, but it did take QUITE A BIT of work to do.

Originally posted by Brew
              Looks really nice. Are you doing a write up?
              Thanks, Most likely

Originally posted by Digitalwave
              The lights look good! Good work Nick.

Not digging the mirrors though
              Thanks D-wizzle!! I'll tell ya that i'll never go back to stock e30 mirrors again, unless they are CF.

Rob i'm surprised you like them. Not sure why i'm surprised, but i am... Here's the daylight no light pic, i just chose not to post that one...

Random, thanks for the compliments i know many don't like them because they are outsaide the headlights, but it just isn't doable on US ellips to get them inside, i tried.[/img]
              Nick

87 325 5MT
              02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Good work Nick, I beg to differ though man they can go inside the US Ellips. It's being done. ;)

Comment

Interesting...someone down the street did that to their E30, but his halo's are "running" in a circle..sort of like x-mas lights..and he has the "fading" options also..

Comment

Originally posted by SickE30
                    Good work Nick, I beg to differ though man they can go inside the US Ellips. It's being done. ;)
                    I hope you're kidding, it isn't possible. I tried. Unless you're using neon glow cable, it isn't possible. the low beam has no room for it, otherwise i would have done it myself...

The only way i could have thought to make it work was to put a "spacer" in between the lenses and the housing to allow a ring to go in there...
                    Nick

87 325 5MT
                    02 IS300 5MT

Comment

cool man...
                      get some BLACK screws for your grilles to be held in with, as those silver ones show up on camera like crazy...

keep up the good work! 8)
                      '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                      '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                      '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                      iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                      sigpic

Comment

awesome, I've always wondered what they'd look like, I prefer the US ellips over euro ones, and smoked over non smoked.
                        Once you're done with your write up, I might just have to give it a shot.

Which was harder to do, the low or the high beam? If I remember correctly, all you have to do with the low beam is spray something on the chrome to make it appear darker, but you have to cut black ¿plastic? and fit it into the high beam in a "t" effect.

good work man

Comment

The low beams were cake, the highs beams i had to make those baffles from scratch, so i took a mold and traced it out on aluminum and cut them to size. Then figure out a way to install the baffles.

Ryan, i'm sitting on the black screws, since the grilles will be pulled off so i can buff the eyelids, i just used some of my dads screws laying around to get everything put back together. The car goes back in the shop in January to get some more work done.
                          Nick

87 325 5MT
                          02 IS300 5MT

Comment

what did you use on the lows?

Comment

I painted them black, wetsanded and buffed it to a gloss finish.
                              Nick

87 325 5MT
                              02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Working...
                              X