E30 m42

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 m42

Hello everyone, I'm Ivan from Montenegro.
    I've read this forum so many times, and finally decided to join in.

My car is e30 with m42 engine. When i bought the car there were a lot of issues on it, like shortened springs without shorting the shock absorbers so the absorber bearing had been deformed. Car originally was with the m40b16 engine, so the brakes were with back drums, some stiff absorbers and springs to the back and as I said, the Frankenstein suspension to the front. Bad sparks, bad coil(one of four), bad middle exhaust box, bad ecu transistor, bad fuel pump, water metal pipe, thermostat, water pump, muffler, visko with fan also, battery, temperature gauge, differential without oil and noisy, injector, fuel filter so old that the new one made hoses blow, complete front and back suspension rubbers were to old and to worn. Everything that I've listed as bad, was replaced with new or aftermarket in great condition.
    Situation now is, that I have a blown coolant, and engine that heats up just a bit more than 90 degrees. I still have loss of power when I press the full throttle from standing position, but when I accelerate progressively everything is fine. I've noticed that my intake gasket is teared up in two places but it's holding together, and I'm having doubts on injectors and engine head.
    In the past two years, I was changing parts, and bringing car to life, still not done it but I'm on my way and I'll never stop.
    Now some specs and photos
    M42B18
    135hp
    unknown kilometers
    -front apex -60, rear supersport -40mm(i couldn't find -60 apex for rear)
    -middle circulating box(without silencers or similar things)
    -supersprint rear exhaust
    -recently replaced differential 4.10 with 4.27(excellent condition which deserved new diff oil)
    -also replaced rear drums with disk brakes and put new brake hoses
    -rear spacers 15mm
    -toora grid steering wheel 350mm with momo wheel head
    -some custom cold air which will be soon replaced with OEM airbox and K&N panel filter
    This is the day when I bought it 30.07.2012

Alpina replicas 15" 7j et15

Z3 sport seats

E30 sport steering wheel and wooden knob

first bonnet opening after some time :woowoo:

polishing that lasted three rainy days

tried mt2 390mm for a while(awful steering, feeling like a bus driver)

snowy day

shipping parts from neighbor countries

after fixing front suspension and mounting style 5 rims
    (Alpina replicas sold)

toora mounted

open filter with custom built holder(by me :D)

Superpsrint mounted

painted gauges

original "is" seats

big fail with rial MK Motorsport 15,4" 7.5J rims :(
    prepared for some fine polishing with machine, but couldn't find tires so they were melted for some small refund

present condition

Hartge Type A 16" 4x100 ET 25 7.5J prepared for some center caps removal (you can see that some are broken, so i don't need them anymore), painting and some 205/45 tires

M emblem waiting for knob arrival

My plans are to get top engine fully restored, check the bottom end, put smoked headlights, paint the car in weinrot, get some stiffer shocks, maybe COP and s50 intake.
    Head, valves and seats will be polished, not ported with all seals replaced with chain, chain tensioner and bearings replaced. Coolant will be added from e36 1.8is with AC version (440x440mm)
    That's all folks for now ;D

im loving that interior!

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

Nice car. M42 for life
      sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

^^^ +1
        sigpic
        1991 318is Alpinweiß II M42

2013 VW Golf R Candy White

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."

Comment

on the way...

Comment

440x440 e36 1.8is (ac version) radiator

Fitting radiator, rear handbrake pads, trunk seal, butterfly rear windows and fuel tank pipe (new one, cos I have leaks after fueling more than 20liters). I found here that my "missfire" on full throttle maybe has to do with my o2 sensor, so that's the next thing I'll change.

I hope that radiator will solve temperature problems, cos the head doesn't have any symptoms of gasket or valve failure

Comment

E30 M3 rear Koni SP1 shocks

Maybe I could get front ones, but I don't know will they fit on 51mm shock carrier. If someone has info about that let him speak now or forever hold his breath ;D

Comment

Finally fresh painted

E30 Recaro's

Adjustable strutbrace

More pics tomorrow :ST1G:

Comment

Im from montenegro too!
                  I'm from Ulcinj but I live in the states. I moved here when i was young.

Comment

Comment

Nice car, love the colour. Looks like you're planning on putting some tasty bits on it!
                      Avusblau 1994 M3 - DEAD
                      Lagunagrün 1991 331iS --> Journal Here

Comment

yeah, but my surroundings are not giving much of a choice so i'm doing my best to make my dream a reality :)

Comment

Comment

I just want to add that my lip is from ford scorpio

Haven't seen anyone placing it on e30, so if someone could spread the word on the lip theme it would be great.
                            Last edited by zbeka; 12-18-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

wow - those seats are amazing! Love what you got going! keep us updated!
                              91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                              ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Working...
                              X