X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Barrel Rant

I am about fed up with UPS.
    Last edited by smellthebeans; 09-25-2016, 09:18 PM. Reason: delete

They don't call them "universal package smashers" for nothing.

I used to ship a lot of parts with them. Being an account holder, The thing that really made my blood boil was that I would get a quote, the buyer would pay, then I would invariably get a bill in the mail 3 weeks later because some shit fuck decided I underpaid them by 2-12 bucks. Every fucking time. Those cock chewers.....

My dilemma has always been that my local ups store gives fantastic service and is staffed with really good people. On the other hand, the neighborhood FedEx store is manned with a building full of worthless ghetto assholes. FedEx has never ever fucked with me over shipping charges. As an account holder, I find fedex to actually be a good deal cheaper anyway.

Basically, I've come to the very sad "Walmart" conclusion that REALLY shitty service is better that getting punched in the nuts a few weeks down the road.

Ups can f'ing burn in hell.

Besides, as a pilot in the industry, I cringe every time I see one of their guys walking around the airport in a shit brown uniform. They look like they just flew out of someone's ass and somehow missed the toilet.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 09-25-2016, 10:54 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

y the edit waffleswaffleswaffles

Comment

added the snippet about brown pilot uniforms

edit: half the shit i post, i wind up going back and editing something. usually a spelling or grammar error.
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

I've shipped probably 100 packages with fedex and never had a single problem with lost or damaged items. Hoping I don't jinx myself!

USPS is actually cheapest in a lot of cases, but fuck standing in like for 45 minutes to save $2. I just print a label and drop it off. I always just guess at the weight (I'm usually really close) and never get screwed on an overcharge.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I've been religiously using bikeflights.com who is a fedex reseller who offers a significant discount from fedex themselves. I buy w PayPal, get a label via email in 10 minutes and then just drop it at the fedex counter. Their support is great and for an extra $5 they pickup which was very handy when I shipped a 95lb diff :)
            Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
            Alice the Time Capsule
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
            87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

+1 to Bikeflights for diff shipping.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

I hate them all, for different reasons.

UPS delivery drivers are universally nice around here.

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

If FedEx and UPS merged, the new company would be FedUp. :)
                  Estoguy
                  1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Originally posted by estoguy View Post
                    If FedEx and UPS merged, the new company would be FedUp. :)
                    i got nothing to top that one.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Aside from the stratospheric prices, we've always had good luck with UPS. It looks like I should be thankful...
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
                        Aside from the stratospheric prices, we've always had good luck with UPS. It looks like I should be thankful...
                        Seconded that. UPS delivers to my fiances store almost everyday, and the driver is always courteous and talkative and cheery overall. Packages are 99.9% damage free and dropped off on time.

FedEx drivers are a different story unfortunately. Driver once knocked over a 1500 dollar display (custom glass shelves, etc.) with about 1000 dollars worth of breakable merchandise on it. That was a pain in the ass to deal with.
                        My previous build (currently E30-less)
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          They don't call them "universal package smashers" for nothing.

I used to ship a lot of parts with them. Being an account holder, The thing that really made my blood boil was that I would get a quote, the buyer would pay, then I would invariably get a bill in the mail 3 weeks later because some shit fuck decided I underpaid them by 2-12 bucks. Every fucking time. Those cock chewers.....

My dilemma has always been that my local ups store gives fantastic service and is staffed with really good people. On the other hand, the neighborhood FedEx store is manned with a building full of worthless ghetto assholes. FedEx has never ever fucked with me over shipping charges. As an account holder, I find fedex to actually be a good deal cheaper anyway.

Basically, I've come to the very sad "Walmart" conclusion that REALLY shitty service is better that getting punched in the nuts a few weeks down the road.

Ups can f'ing burn in hell.

Besides, as a pilot in the industry, I cringe every time I see one of their guys walking around the airport in a shit brown uniform. They look like they just flew out of someone's ass and somehow missed the toilet.
                          I literally could not agree with flyboyx any harder. FedEx is also on the big corporate side and you feel like a nobody when dealing with them like most big company's, but from having an account with them through my work that I use, and speaking to managers on the phone etc they are always very accommodating when something is not right and will do what it takes to make stuff right. More importantly from working in a office/warehouse my entire life and dealing with shippers I can tell you flat out that the way FedEx drivers carry themselves and handle merchandise clean versus the UPS guys. But I will say this is something that can vary from city to city and states and demographics etc I don't doubt it. I don't want to speak for both shippers as I am sure theirs bad and good depending on the area or employee.

LMFAO "I cringe every time I see one of their guys walking around the airport in a shit brown uniform. They look like they just flew out of someone's ass and somehow missed the toilet."

That really made my day :rofl::rofl:

Comment

I've seen a UPS guy "bowl" a package up to someone's front door. Moral of the story? I have no fucking idea.
                            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                            Q
                            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Dang I tried to delete this I guess I am not alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X