No announcement yet.

Contact for CATuned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not the first time people have had shit customer service through catuned.. don't worry they'll chime in with some crap response with a bs excuse about how it got stuck in a cargo shipping container overseas and was out of their control, then they'll apologize and this thread will get moved to the abyss files never to be seen just like all the other catuned shit customer service threads people have made...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic

Comment

Shit customer service seems to be the name of the game now, Instagram is far more important. My last boss (at a performance part manufacturer) paid $4k for an Instagram account to use for advertising, but couldn't keep the online support ticketing system running, pay anyone enough money to not quit, and would actually encourage us to not answer the phone because "customer service is a waste of resources." A lot of these businesses also seem to devote much of their time on a small number of big spenders, which leaves little left to deal with the normal orders.

It's stuff like that that has me trying to get out of the automotive aftermarket after 10+ years. As a car guy I hate being put in that position of bullshitting other car guys for shady business guys who pay themselves a ton to consistently not deliver, and in turn do it for shitty pay.

I have no experience with the company in question here, I just know from my time on the inside that the industry is full of shadyness.
      sigpic
      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Well I don't want to thread jack but I'll attempt to make a quick post about my experience with CAtuned this summer. Not bashing in anyway but still unsettled over what should have been a relatively simple resolution.

I had participated in a group buy for the HD axles earlier in the spring during my s52 swap. Once i got the car on the road I had discovered after about 1k miles the outer boot on one side was rubbing the E brake cable and rubbed through the boot, flinging grease around. This was absolutely not the fault of the axle or CAtuned in any way. I apparently missed this during the install - the bracket for the cable had been tweaked slightly at some point in the past and, while not being an issue w/ the factory axle, the beefier CV joint of the new axle caused a clearance issue. No biggie - emailed off to CAtuned for a replacement boot and where to send payment. Transaction completed, i already had the existing axle off & in the vise prepped for the new boot. On arrival - this is what I received: clearly a massive size difference.

I emailed CAtuned right away to let them know of the issue & they responded back promptly, partly due to the time difference - but still appreciated. Functionally the axle was fine and I would just have preferred to exchange the wrong boot for the right one. It wound up being agreed that i would exchange this axle for another one - in what I assumed would be a like, kind, quality, HD axle identical to what was on the car (and what I originally paid for). Sent the boot and the axle back to CA tuned on my dime. And waited about 2 weeks (car has been down 3 weeks now due to waiting on the boot originally). After making a call or two for status, I finally get confirmation the replacement axle is shipping. I finally get it about a week later and the car has been parked almost a month now. It was when I installed the axle I finally noticed a drastic difference in design:

Original:

"replacement"

Again - Original (notice the amount of bellows in the boots) the thickness in the shaft is different as well

replacement - hard to tell in the pics but the design is not nearly as 'beefy' as the original HD axle I purchased

I didn't want to immediately jump to conclusions, however i was frustrated at this point. I was assured by CAtuned this was a comparable unit, however on a search of their site, I feel i was sent this axle as a replacement:

I appreciated the wanting to replace the axle free of charge, but I feel as though i wound up with less than I started for what should have been a simple fix. I paid a fair sum for the 'HD' quality units on the original group buy and I've pretty much got and axle and a 'half' essentially. If there was some sort of parts issue or availability issue I would have been ok if that had been explained from the get-go. I'm no engineer - if there was a design change on the HD axles I understand, but the fact that the replacement looks identical to the 'lesser' FEQ axle has me questioning what i actually received. And to my knowledge, I never got a refund on the 'wrong' boot that was originally sent to me.

At that point i just stopped contact with CAtuned as there were more pressing issues I was trying to resolve at the time and the car was now driveable again. That said, I do have a sour taste in my mouth because the whole situation still doesn't sit right with me.
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

This thread is old and my issue is also old, but I figured I should chime in.

Also never got my refund for the cores they have you ship to them when you buy their coilover setup. After nearly a month of waiting for a refund or reply, I emailed them a couple of times before finally getting a response.

This was during the time they were moving shops. Was told they never received them, shipping confirmation on my end said differently. They said between moving around and moving into the new shop, they probably got lost somewhere. Which I can kinda see how that'd be possible, but I'd say that's more of an accountability issue on their end.

Anyhow, after emails back and forth, they basically said they didn't have the cores. Being younger and not wanting to deal with that whole shit show, I just let the issue go and was out $300

Had I the opportunity to do it again, I'd just go with one of the more reputable E30 setups. The main reason for going with their coilovers was that they came prewelded, and not being mechanically inclined (still not very mechanically inclined), that meant less work on my end, so yeah.
          Haven't bought a product from them since.

Also, the thread on an issue similar to mine was closed so I posted in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Igor is Vlads cousin! dun dun dunnnnnn
            Is this true?
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Is this true?

No not that i know of. But they sure seem to be cut from same cloth

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
              1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
              Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
              Mtech 2 turbo restoration
              Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by mr. View Post
                Also never got my refund for the cores they have you ship to them when you buy their coilover setup.

Was told they never received them, shipping confirmation on my end said differently.
                Not the first time I've heard of people sending cores to them only to be told they were never received. Corey the core losing core boy lives on

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

Haha well well well... here we are again
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by florida_dirt View Post
                    Haha well well well... here we are again
                    Meant to post my story in your thread but seems it's been closed.
                    Just a buyer beware kinda thing I wanted to throw out there, as I've been seeing more and more of these stories pop up.

Glad your issue got resolved though!

Comment

be careful they might be a sponsor here and if you post it gets deleted. There was a thread here about a guy who sued and won 9000$ from a botched swap I think? I think it got deleted. If you need axels use fcp euro lifetime warranty. I hear lots of bad stuff about them. I get questioned about them a lot on IG. They even blocked me since I told some kids the coils are just rebadged BC, and linked them to R3v feedback before using

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        be careful they might be a sponsor here and if you post it gets deleted. There was a thread here about a guy who sued and won 9000$ from a botched swap I think? I think it got deleted. If you need axels use fcp euro lifetime warranty. I hear lots of bad stuff about them. I get questioned about them a lot on IG. They even blocked me since I told some kids the coils are just rebadged BC, and linked them to R3v feedback before using

Igor is a shady fucker thats forsure.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                        X