No announcement yet.

LS swap transmission options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah, forgot they have the internal slave option for the GM setups. i had a ford swap, unfortunately the ford version isn't really meant to use an internal slave, though i guess you can make anything work with enough time/skill/money

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan1212 View Post
      Well I stand corrected then, just get a t56 and do no modifications since it will line up properly with the swap kit, and was still made for that motor.
      Here's a photo of my 2010 Camaro transmission (next to a C5 Corvette rear housing...)

It takes a basically "BMW Style" shift linkage. I *thought* there was a T56 application that used this style of shifter also... 1st gen CTS-V maybe?

Comment

The T56 from an LS-powered Camaro or Firebird is perfect for the E30; the shifter comes right in the center of the tunnel hole. No need for any kind of shifter linkage.
        Attached Files
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
        E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

So I have a chance to buy a t56 mn12 transmission but have a couple questions. The guy is saying that the transmission is "meant to mount in the back and doesn't mount to the motor" is this true? And also does anyone know if it will work with the sikky swap kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

probably off of a corvette & probably too much hassle to work with your setup. better/easier to just find something off of a standard-setup car

Comment

So for the '04 GTO transmission I've read a couple places that the ball housing won't work for e30's is this true? And will the shifter be able to fit into the tunnel hole or will I have to find some sort of linkage to move it forward the 3.5"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X