Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 BMW 325iX - 5-spd Manual, Silver, black sport interior - $3500

Last edited by powderstash; 02-15-2011, 08:10 PM. Reason: delete

Your CL listing was flagged. Can you post pics here? I'm in Seattle and I'm interested. Also you mentioned "some issues" but didn't say anything about them in the listing. What are the issues?
    2006 M5 Black Sapphire Metallic
    2002 325Ci Steel Grey Metallic (Sold)

Comment

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

will post details of any issues in a bit

Comment

issues are:

* Shocks: Nothing urgent, but a nicer ride would certainly ensue.
        * The obvious rear end damage.
        * The stick shift could use a bushing rebuild kit. Feels a little sloppy, but then
        again, most E30's are like this. Just put a short shifter in it and you're golden!
        * Needs a CD player - but the speakers are all really good

Really thats IT!

Comment

PM sent
          2006 M5 Black Sapphire Metallic
          2002 325Ci Steel Grey Metallic (Sold)

Comment

Nice car. GL with the sale.
            1997 328i - SOLD
            1991 325is - SOLD
            2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
            1991 318is
            2011 328i xDrive
            2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Here is a section of the craigslist ad that keeps getting flagged... ARGHHH! SO ANNOYING!
              MORE PICTURES HERE:
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

This car needs no introduction. This $30,000 BMW ($54k in 2010 dollars!) is a very rare car. Only 2,647 were imported to the USA, and the 5-speed manuals are almost impossible to find a good example of. This car isn't perfect, but is politely asking for a few points of attention. It is a 3rd car, so I'm not interested in spending time on it. Although sad, I have to part with it despite its 3 years of impeccable reliability.

Before I get too deep, this car has a rebuilt title. My roommate was using the car just a few months ago, and he parked it and said the parking brake didnt hold (I never had this problem before). The car rolled backwards into a jeep with a high bumper and broke the rear left tail light and bent the metal between the license plate and left tail light. This in no way affects the driveability of the car. It drives perfectly.

It doesnt take much to total an old car. The DMV bases it on the cost to repair vs. value of the car, and according to them, the car is only worth a couple thousand. We all know this is BS for a solid running 325iX in all it's glory. So anyway, take it or leave it. I know people get all funny about the rebuilt title thing, but if you let that stop you from taking interest, you will miss out on a strong and reliable car with a lot of life left.

Also the rims are kinda crappy, but I have an extra set I bought to use but never mounted. You can have these for $200. I got a bunch of extra parts too we can negotiate if you want them.

Comment

One member asked: "When was the last VC test performed? What method was used? What part of Seattle are you located in?"
                I dont know when the last "VC test" was performed, but trust me, when it snows, you know that all four wheels are clawing tough. It is a 4x4 rally machine!

The car is at my house, near N 65th Street and NE 15th Ave, by Roosevelt High School.

Comment

I would be all over this if you were close. GLWS

Comment

Convincing my buddy to drop the money on this tonight. He came by and checked it out tonight powderstash!!
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      Convincing my buddy to drop the money on this tonight. He came by and checked it out tonight powderstash!!
                      Yeah, it was a mistake. I never loved a 4x4 car so much in my life. I can hear my car screaming at me.... "DONT SELL ME OFF SO CHEAP!"

Its true, the most reliable car I ever owned. And i've had lots of e30s. maybe my 2004 330i ZHP compares, but i drove the ix for 4 years, and put 35,000 miles on it. So its got the zhp beat by my watch.

I think the price just went back up to 3100. dummy... ;)

Comment

Working...
                      X