Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

87 e30 - were spoilers painted or black?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 e30 - were spoilers painted or black?

Hello r3v

Anyone out there know this - i have an 87 e30 and got an aftermarket IS spoiler.
    Its black but im going to the bodyshop soon and was going to have it painted to match the car.

Red and white cars had matching spoiler paint. Anyone know about blue cars?
    I saw a silver with a black spoiler and couldnt figure out if it was original.

Thanks!

I have a feeling the iS spoilers were all painted body color originally, but it's popular to offset a car with a black one these days.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

Its funny because i see white red and silver spoilers body color and darker cars black but cant tell if its s original.

Alpinas were black.

Is cirrus blau? Not sure but i think they were painted.

Comment

Cirrusblau wasn't an iS color from the factory I don't believe...I've never seen an original Cirrus iS. That said, I made my Cirrus into an iS and I'm going to go with a satin black spoiler to match the satin black front spoiler valance.
        Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

All were painted to match
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Thanks. All the factory ones seem painted... but i see a lot of black i thought were aftermarket. Hope so because im planning on painting it when they do my valance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some people spray parts satin black themselves vs having them painted to match. It's cheap and easy to do.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/car-care-blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/E30-8.jpg
                Got it. Yah, I understand.

I saw a blue one from a vert in England... that was the only pic I found.
                Last edited by cirrusblue; 03-02-2017, 11:40 PM. Reason: add pix

Comment

Working...
                X