Paint or Wrap e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint or Wrap e30

Found a great condition e30, but do not like the alpine white color. How much would it cost to either paint it red or have the entire car wrapped?

Any other suggestions for changing the color?

A quality paint job would cost enough to make it worth it to keep looking for the right color car, probably upwards of $3000.

Wrapping can be done for about $400, or you can have a shop do it for more, looks a bit strange to my eye though.

I'd just look for another car if you really hate the color. But if the paint is in good confdition I personally think alpine can be pretty great:

Comment

Nine times out of 10, no one cares to ever clean their car or keep up with the paint and such. I'd say give it a nice wash and some scrub-a-dubbin' and see where that puts you. The Alpines are some of the sexiest paint colours. I have an Alpine White II, LOVE it but I've always had the dream of owning a black car.

TL;DR I'm not against wrapping at all. I'm going to do it to mine. It's a way for me to "keep the original paint and not have to worry about scraping it off for a new colour"
      @BaggedMW

Comment

I have been debating the same thing. My car is black so the engine bay being black won't look funny with a different color. I think I am going to wrap the car using 3M 1080 Burnt Orange Gloss vinyl. A lot cheaper than a high quality paint job, looks 99% as good and will last a minimum of 7 years if cared for properly. Plus micromarring and light scratches are self healing in the sun.

Comment

Working...
        X