No announcement yet.

Turning Service lights off via jumper wire/diagnostic connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since you aren't going to be using it often, you could just twist the wires and not worry about it. I guess you could tin the ends with solder to keep them straight and clean, but I don't think it is necessary. I don't know of any end/connector that would be small enough to fit into the pin slots.

Comment

honestly dont waste ur time fabbing up something extravagent.! i used a peice of speaker wire about 15 cm long cut it in half and duct taped a 5 amp fuse in the middle took 2 mins. thats right up is kinda sketchy tho its good but if you half the early style connector the illistration sucks i think i tryed 3 different pin combos befor i got the right one. its just they didnt really draw out the pins in the exact location. i dunno maybe its just me. it may take a while i had to turn the key on and off fo r like 2 mins and wait untill they flickdered and rest green . but after a couple of mins they all just reset back to normal oil servive and inspection back to red lights.
      anyways that must mean i must replace the si batteries which makes me think i dont really want to special order them. for 13 dollars each. they say on the battery 1.2v AA but every AA i looked at are only 1.5V but i dunno had any one used like a deracel in it?????
      1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
      1987 e30 325 eta
      1983 e28 533
      2001 x5 4.4l
      1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
      1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

radio shack has the 23-149's for $8 a pair they are usually in stock.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

what about the M42 way to do this?

Comment

Phuck

Comment

i just did it - super easy. My 87 with a 86 prod date has a round service port - weird.
              "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Originally posted by Tree18is View Post
                what about the M42 way to do this?
                the below applies to your E30, maybe someone can help you from there....

Comment

Originally posted by Maluco View Post
                  the below applies to your E30, maybe someone can help you from there....

jump pins 7 and 19. turn on ingition, but don't start the car. wait 5 seconds. turn off ingition, pull out jumper. done. :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I had a local shop do it for me on my eta... since its the old school square plug. Thanks Ron Ager. :P
                    :: PNW Crew ::
                    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I did this after letting it sit at INSPECTION for months. Only got 3 green LEDs back, but the tool I used was a Blaupunkt radio removal tool. Ford radios used the same tool for a long time. Bend it in a little and it's perfect (for a late style connector anyway).
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by chileelky
                      amaze about the enthusiasm e30 generate

Comment

I have done mine that same way with a piece of wire for ages. Another thing I did was take a paint pen (yellow) and touch the area of the pins that I need to short on top of the diagnostic connector. It leaves a yellow dot on the appropriate pins. Then when its time to reset the service indicator lights I dont have to crack open my Bently repair manual and hunt down the pin numbers to jumper. Instead I just look for the two yellow dots! Works well and saves the hastle. Try it , you wont be disappointed!

Comment

how do i fix the brake light indicator?

Comment

replace the sensors
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

anyone know how to do it on an older plug?
                              97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
                              2001 330ci 5 speed
                              83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

^^^^

say around the 04/87 ETA?

Comment

Working...
                                X