Recommend Volvo Forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Volvo Forums?

I'm looking to buy an 1988 - 1993 Volvo 240 for my girlfriend. I've had issues finding a good forum to look for them. I've been on swedespeed and brickboard, both with really no results.

Does anyone here have any recommendations for a good place to search? Also, if you're selling a brick, let me know!

I recommend this review. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxMYiVdXD0

Comment

Go to turbobricks.

Comment

Turbobricks, or Volvospeed. Both good forums.
        sigpic

Comment

turbobricks
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

turbobricks
            2011 1M Alpine white/black
            1996 Civic white/black
            1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

For an old Volvo: Turbobricks.com What kind of questions do you have?

Feel free to ask me any questions about them - I know the 240 pretty inside and out.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
              1983 Peugeot 505 STI
              1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
              2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by markd248 View Post
                I'm looking to buy an 1988 - 1993 Volvo 240 for my girlfriend. I've had issues finding a good forum to look for them. I've been on swedespeed and brickboard, both with really no results.
                what kinda questions do you have that can't be answered by either of these boards?

Honestly, if your looking for something with today's technology, fuel efficiency, and safety, you wont find it in an old Volvo. The 240 is based on the design that was originally penned in the early/mid 70's. As such, the car will handle and perform accordingly when in stock form.

A stock e30 will run circles around a stock 240, unless you plan on mods
                If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I was more so looking for a used car to purchase from the forum, not information. I have a lot of information about 240's from researching for this purchase, but haven't found the "right one" yet.

Thanks everyone else for the recommendations.

Comment

I dare say my 245 handles phenomenally with sport springs, 25mm f/r swags, bilsteins, etc.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                    1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                    1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                    2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Mathewsvolvo.com good bunch of guys over there. I have a thread going about engine engine replacement i'm doing for a friend in the s60 section.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X