16x9 all around ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16x9 all around ?

Looking at a set of 16x9 15p wheels for the 30.
    Have it lowered it super low king springs with standard struts.
    Was curious to find out if i'd come across any issues fitting,
    Longer lugs , Spacers , Guard rolling ?
    None of these problems bother me as i work in a autoparts store , i have
    asked a few tyre shops and they're all giving me different replys so i thought i'd ask r3v.
    any help would be appreciated cheers
    Attached Files

You'll probably need to roll the fenders. 16x8 et28 would be safer.

I'm not a fan of rolled fenders. I feel like it irreversibly ruins the collector value of the car. These cars are getting more valuable every year. That car looks pretty nice to screw up like that.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I have run 16x9, et15 on all fours with no worries lock to lock. Suspension was HnR sports and yellow Koni's. Tire size was Nexen 225/45/16. I loved it. I also am aware that tire manufactures have different specs on their sizes. For instance, Nexen and Dunlop both make a 225/45/16. Yet the Nexen might be shorter and skinnier than Dunlop. Tire fitment may be different from one company to another.

Comment

At the OP's ride height, 16x9 ET15 with a 225/45/16 will certainly rub in the rear. I had Azev's in this offset on my car, with Ground Controls, and with heavily rolled fenders I still rubbed the inside of the quarter (where the fender lip meets vertical part of quarter) and in the front I couldn't go full lock.
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

16x9 et15 will require at least a 3mm spacer up front to clear the strut.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Unless your making a lot of HP 16x9 is overkill and your car will be slower because of the weight. 16x8 fits well and you don't have to ruin you car in the process.

Comment

a 215/45/16 would be easier to fit in the rear, still need a fender roll though.
              1989 325i S50 swapped
              2007 4Runner Sport V8

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                16x9 et15 will require at least a 3mm spacer up front to clear the strut.
                Is that the wheel or the tire? I always heard that but my Azev's fit without a spacer
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                X