Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name these BBS's and help me decide!

Hi All,

I picked up these wheels for a steal over the weekend. All are stamped BBS and they are 17x7.5 +38. I want to put them on my Vert and was wondering:

First, what model wheels are these? They are stamped CV001 on the back but I'm not sure that is the model.

Also, what size tires do most people run on the E30? No drifting or autox, these are going on my Vert. Would go with an all season tire most likely.

Lastly, would these fit best with a 20mm spacer?

Thanks!

Normally when they say Made by BBS they are for another brandname like ASA, Moda or something.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

The fact that the stamping says made by BBS and not just BBS seems to be an indicator that they could have come from a sister company of BBS such as ASA. I would contact BBSUSAdot com if its that important to you, also for what you seem to be looking for I recommend 15mm spacers with a 215/40/17. I hope this helps. That would bring final et to a fender friendly 23 et.
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

After some searching I found they are just BBS CV's. Yes, the offset is too high. 20mm spacers would work.
        Last edited by reelizmpro; 01-09-2017, 05:06 PM.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

pretty sure these were part of the MINI Challenge series for MINI coopers. Hence the funky offset for FWD.
          sigpic

Comment

Ah, thanks all!!

I googled CV001 and came up with very little information which was weird considering BBS is stamped n them in several places. I think they look similar to other BBS wheels I've seen and since they're authentic, i will probably throw them on the Vert anyway.

SO +23 or +18? I have a set of 20mm spacers so I'd rather just use those....

Comment

Nice looking wheels! I saw those on craigslist recently. :)

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

I went ahead and purchased Nitto Neo Gen tires. There really arent many affordabe options for 215/40/17 tires, and these fit the bill for arund $356 from ebay. Paid another $80 to mount and balance.

Had a rough time trying to figure out the center bore. Went to pep boys with my wheel and spacer and they coudn't find the right size rings. In the end i finally confirmed the wheel is 67.1 and the e30 is 57.1.

I have ordered 57.1-67.1 hubcentric rings, so hopefully when they show up i can have these installed on the car!!

Comment

Having a shitty time with these hub rings.

Tried 73mm at the store, they didn't fit. Got 67mm on ebay shipped to me, they also didnt fit. Just ordered another set of 70mm, hopefully they will work....If not Im tempted to throw in the 67mm even though they're not exactly the right size.

Comment

Working...
                  X