No announcement yet.

Zen Hood Seal Kits... Feeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like to see some close up shots of how the attach to the fender...the origional pics by the OP are terribly small.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

It's hard to see where they attach ot on my car since it's black and has those Kamei splitters on the fenders.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Here are some larger images

The material is made specifically for our application. The "off the shelf" stuff we originaly tried distorted (we think because of heat) and did not stand up when exposed to sunlight. We contacted the maker with specifications provided to us by another firm who made products of similar material however did not have the tooling to produce these.

All was well for a while but the suplier doesn't really want to make such small runs and has increased the price by more than 3 times over the past couple of years.

Comment

The million dollar question, do they actually do anything?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cferb View Post
            The million dollar question, do they actually do anything?
            Yes, they smooth the flow off the hood over the edge and side of the fender, and most noticeable (but only at about 140 mph) the hood buffets without the seals and does not when the seals are installed.

Other than that...They just look cool.

P.S. Don't be stupid and test this out on the street, go find a test track if you must.

Comment

I'd be interested.
              alexw
              (2) E30 tourings - sold, E30 M3 - sold, 89 325ix sedan, 91 318is slicktop
              Wisconsin Members!- Join WiBimmers.com, Wisconsin's BMW community.

Comment

I would take a few, actually
                sigpic

Comment

id be interested

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by DCColegrove View Post
                    Here are some larger images

Is this image your gasket or the real evo gasket? I know the real gasket tappers off on the end near the windshield.

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
                      Is this image your gasket or the real evo gasket? I know the real gasket tappers off on the end near the windshield.
                      That is our seal, it is cut at the hood/fender line. I also have tucked them on other cars.

Comment

have a set of these! And there awsome, easy installation and look awsome with the hood open or shut!! very happy with them :D

Comment

Just to make sure before I install these, does the adhesive side stick to the body facing down toward the ground or to the side facing the fender? Thank you.

Comment

Will these work on the trunk?? I would really like to seal my trunk better

e30 325is - e30 M3 [FOR SALE] - Audi S4 - '78 F-250 .....clicky clicky

Comment

Originally posted by PaintPro21 View Post
                              Yup, this picture looks like an original EVO seal. The ZEN kit looks like a raised bump once the hood is closed.

I have the original EVO seals on mine, and I got it shipped to me for $ 6.00 US Priority Mail from Mc Adams Motorsport. I looked at the EBAY site and the shipping is almost $16.00?

This thing weighs no more than 1lb unless shipped via Express Mail???

Comment

Originally posted by Jamil View Post
                                Just to make sure before I install these, does the adhesive side stick to the body facing down toward the ground or to the side facing the fender? Thank you.
                                Side, facing the fender.

Comment

Working...
                                X