New E28 Owner Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New E28 Owner Here

I just picked up my E28 on 1/1/09 and I am slowly becoming an enthusiast towards E28s, but I'm looking for any clubs located in the southern TN or north GA area. I'm located in Chattanooga TN, but I got to school in Cookeville TN.

Looks like a pretty solid E28 you have. 535is? Cirrusblau?

Check out MyE28, there is quite a bit of E28 knowledge floating around that site. They're neat cars built in the era when BMW overengineered their cars. If you're ever looking to make it look better then I recommend euro bumpers, euro H1/H4 headlamps, and some 16" Style 5's (the base wheel on E38 740i/iL's.) It really makes the car look good IMO.

Welcome to the board.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
      Looks like a pretty solid E28 you have. 535is? Cirrusblau?

Check out MyE28, there is quite a bit of E28 knowledge floating around that site. They're neat cars built in the era when BMW overengineered their cars. If you're ever looking to make it look better then I recommend euro bumpers, euro H1/H4 headlamps, and some 16" Style 5's (the base wheel on E38 740i/iL's.) It really makes the car look good IMO.

Welcome to the board.
      It already has the H4 convertion done, a strutbar, bielstein sport suspention, and many more mods.Its an 88' 535i

Comment

Originally posted by Fuel View Post
        It already has the H4 convertion done, a strutbar, bielstein sport suspention, and many more mods.Its an 88' 535i
        That's cool, yeah now that I look at that front valence it definitely isn't an "is" valence. Cool car though. If you haven't got it already, a 3.25 LSD would be a pretty nice addition to that car.

My brother also has an '88, it's a 535is though. He got it locally, original paint, mostly stock, it was pampered by the PO. It's no thriller in comparison to the E30, but it makes a great highway cruiser.

Nothing wild, not a swap car or anything (not yet at least) but it has been well taken care of. They're neat cars.
        Last edited by TDE30; 01-10-2009, 09:15 PM. Reason: Incorrect differential ratio.
        - Trey

E36 325i sedan
        E30 325i sedan
        Volvo 945T

Comment

Welcome to the world of E28s. Definitely get a look at the forum at www.mye28.com.
          The front spoiler might be one from Electrodyne here in VA - very similar to the stock sport spoiler.
          The BMW Car Club of America has chapters in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville:
          http://www.choochoobimmers.org/
          http://www.smokymtnbmwcca.org/
          http://www.oldhickorybmwcca.org/

Comment

Thanks for the info John, i will definatly look into it!

Comment

TDE30 I love your brothers car. It really looks great. Can I get some more pics?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
              ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Originally posted by Nicademus View Post
                TDE30 I love your brothers car. It really looks great. Can I get some more pics?
                Early shots with US headlamps and 15" E34 basketweaves:

Later shots with 16" Style 5's/E38 basketweaves:

He's currently running a set of euro H1/H4 lamps and the same 16" Style 5's, euro bumpers should be on the car by the middle of the year hopefully.
                - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                E30 325i sedan
                Volvo 945T

Comment

Tire size

Originally posted by TDE30 View Post
                  Later shots with 16" Style 5's/E38 basketweaves:

He's currently running a set of euro H1/H4 lamps and the same 16" Style 5's, euro bumpers should be on the car by the middle of the year hopefully.
                  Do you know what size tires are on these 16's?

Comment

e28s are cool. Classic comfortable car. I had one as weekend ride for almost a year, regret selling it. You can turn them in to headturner with few upgrades. Love the wheels on yours.

Here is mine.

Esquire E30 Build (87 325i Vert)
                    Ultimate Tanning Machine

Comment

Working...
                    X