Dumbest things you've heard people say about/seen people do to their cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
    I convinced my girlfriend that muffler bearings were a thing. Said I'd replace hers for free if I got a bj. I got the bj
    Solid execution.
    PNW Crew
    90 m3
    06 m5

Comment

Comment

A friend said "can you activate the turbo?" when we were driving my dads landcruiser and I told him it was the turbodiesel version

I tried to explain the working of a turbo to him but gave up after 5 minutes and told him we couldn't activate it because we ran out of turbo-fluid
        sigpic

Comment

BMW people saying all M3s before the e9x had i6s under the hood...
          1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
          1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
          1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
          E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Americans who use the word "petrol."
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
              "I want a dry sump so I don't have to run any oil."

The guy was a tech.
              Humanity is fucked. The end.

Back in 03 or so, my dad and I went to a Mitsubishi dealer to check out the Evo 8 when it first showed up. I had done a little light reading about the car... My dad sat in it, noticed the switch for the intercooler spray-bar, and asked the saleswoman what it was. The switch is labeled auto/manual, and is located somewhere in the general vicinity of the shifter. The saleswoman then proceeded to say that it was a transmission function that "compresses fluid" and some such bullshit. I then realized that at age 15, I was apparently overqualified for auto sales.

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                Americans who use the word "petrol."
                What about if they say it Mad Max style - gazzoline?
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

"stance" and "hellaflush" and "fitment"...
                  1988 325 "super ETA" - Hilde - M52B28 swapped...
                  1969 2002 - Griselda - 20VT AWP swap and full resto in progress...

sigpic

project blog - http://www.cynicalmotorsport.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by antiscope View Post
                    i convinced my girlfriend that muffler bearings were a thing. Said i'd replace hers for free if i got a bj. I got the bj
                    so much win!

Comment

Working in the shop one day and a customer is yakking it up with me (I know that without customers I'd be without a job and all, but when I'm working I generally just want to be left alone). Anyway, we're talking cars and at some point I mention that my wife drives a WRX. He goes "Subaru, eh? Yeah, those are great, they've got the 'porsh' motor in 'em." When I greeted that with nothing more than a blank stare, he firmed it up with "yeah, porsh designed the motor on those." I knew it wouldn't be worth my time to educate him so I just tried to let the conversation trail off the best I could.

Another time I had an e24 M6 on the lift and some dude who happened to be hanging around, not even a customer this time is like, "Is that a real M6 or just a bullshit badge on the back?"

"No, it's real" I say.

"Well why does it have that rear wing on it then?" he asks.

"All M6s came with rear spoilers from the factory." I reply.

He just grunts and walks away as if I'm the one who's full of shit. Fucking moron.
                      '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                      '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by hendrixvodu View Post
                        I don't think I have enought time to show all of my dislikes but ill make it short . My dislikes are.... Every vw from 90 to present, rusted hoods, stickers that state to be "hella fresh" "yolo" "classy" or any stickers in general, queer colored wheels, stretched tires, air suspension, roof racks, over abundance or plaid lumber jack looking material, small pine trees and other mc Donald's toys attached to the rear tow hook, front plate relocated to drag on the ground, and spray painted tail lights black in color

i am going to have to give you a +1 on about 90% of this. i think a yakima roof rack isn't bad if actually carry a bike/skis/kayak now and then. i suppose if the car owner just has the rack installed for no reason, he probably licks buttholes for a hobby.

going along with your theme above, i think this shit is all pretty fucked up:

Last edited by flyboyx; 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM.
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I was in the car with my brother's friend who drove an RSX type-s at the time and he was trying to tell me that FWD cars tend to oversteer on power and RWD cars push under power in a corner. I don't like flat out telling people they're wrong, so I pretend I disagree with them sounding like I am pretty sure I'm right but not too sure, even if I know full well I'm right. He disagreed so I just left it at that.

Comment

Watch people buy M3s with automatics.
                            1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

My friend's GF bought a brand new Mazda 3 last summer and...just a month ago she filled it up with diesel. She drove for an hour without thinking about it, even though the engine did not sound normal. When she realized it, she called her BF, who told her to shut it off immediately. She decided to drive another 40 minutes because she was scared of the animals in the woods. :/ ?!?!?!?!?! Expensive bill from Mazda. I have no idea how these things happen.
                              Last edited by lucidy; 02-01-2013, 11:58 AM.

Comment

This is my favorite thread so far. It doesn't seem to be the content of what people say that's so stupid, (albeit, it is) its the confidence with which they say it.

It's okay to not know about cars, just don't be so sure of yourself and make an ass of yourself.

That said, I've done that.
                                From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
                                Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X