Thoughts on Euro Grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Euro Grills?

That moment when you open up your brand new euro grills and realize they suck. It's a bad moment. I got Kopi grills (bad idea, should have gotten oem) and they don't 1) fit the holes on my car and 2) have straight lines across the light holes! Seriously!? It looks like my car is sad now. I don't have any issue with Abrahams Motorsport but it's just a joke how these can pass off as euro grills. Also, they came broken in the box - nice. I'm gonna return them soon. Anybody know anyone who sells real grills? Also, has anyone gotten Kopi grills and had the same problems?

I love euro grilles :D

But prefer the OEM german ones...

Comment

Post some pics. Trying to understand what you are describing.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

My abraham motorsports where definitely disappointing in quality, great service though (worth mentioning). On my first car I refurbished my US grills and they looked great, I would say better than the euro reproduction ones. My new vert had grills beyond saving so I ordered euro grills, don't fit great, somewhat crooked, simple minimum quality injection moulded plastic. Better than broken US grills. What I am saying is get the OEM euro grills from thebmwpartstore.com or something similar if you have a choice. Its just better period, and isn't that why we are driving BMW's?

Comment

I don't understand why people are so hype about euro check panel, cluster, and grill. The US one fuction just fine and look as nice. Although euro bumper, weave, and smiley are worth the replacement.

Better yet, I just want to laugh at people with US cars with euro license plate. Even funnier with US plate over the euro plate.
          Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by Black325e View Post
            2) have straight lines across the light holes! Seriously!? It looks like my car is sad now.
            really?
            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Yes, really. It like..droops down. I would have thought it would have gone straight across. I wish I took a picture so I could show you, it's just so weird. And the foam is massive! It is super visible when you look at it. I'll post a pic sometime soon though. @ST1G, I'm going to order some off you once I get my refund for these haha. Should be in a day or two.

Comment

Perhaps quality has gone down hill or you have a bad batch, but the ones I got years ago were very straight, fit perfectly, and yes the foam is huge. Cut it down.
                Chris
                90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
                  I don't understand why people are so hype about euro check panel, cluster, and grill. The US one fuction just fine and look as nice. Although euro bumper, weave, and smiley are worth the replacement.

Better yet, I just want to laugh at people with US cars with euro license plate. Even funnier with US plate over the euro plate.
                  Euro grills look different and used to be cheap, its a part that actually does change the look of the car as long as an enthusiast is looking. the cluster and check panel ill agree about though.

Also if you have euro bumpers you have a euro plate holder not a us one sooooo.... yea might as well fill it. i think it looks ugly if its a US plate on a euro front by itself. i don't see any other reason to have a euro plate though.

Comment

I have euro grills from Abraham motorsports, and the fit is spot on. I love the look of them, and would order them again in a heartbeat.

If one of them arrived broken, they may just be bent. Or, like someone else stated, it may have been a bad batch.

But like I said, no problems with mine.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post

The only one I can comment about are Euro grilles, but I think it makes sense to pair them with Euro headlights if you have them. The difference is subtle but I can appreciate it.
                      Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I think euro grills are overhyped. It's such a suttle difference. Even a seasoned e30er can't tell, unless he is specifically inspecting the grills.

Comment

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
                          I think euro grills are overhyped. It's such a suttle difference. Even a seasoned e30er can't tell, unless he is specifically inspecting the grills.
                          Huh. I can tell from a mile away lol.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

When I'm seeing my car every day, I enjoy looking at the sight of euro grills. It might be subtle to some but I notice walking to my car each time to go for a drive.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I've had my abraham motorsport ones for a year now and they're still perfect. The foam is shitty quality but that doesn't bother me too much.

Originally posted by ak- View Post
                              Huh. I can tell from a mile away lol.
                              agreed, it's just slightly more aggressive. I love it.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                              X