Thoughts on Euro Grills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
    I think euro grills are overhyped. It's such a suttle difference. Even a seasoned e30er can't tell, unless he is specifically inspecting the grills.
    I'm with you. Especially for the price, not worth it IMO.

Comment

How can you not tell lol, the US grilles have those stupid useless cutouts to "make sure light output isnt impaired"

Just got these months ago, they fit fine:

IMG_5826 by Wschnitz, on Flickr
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

I hate euro anything

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
          Huh. I can tell from a mile away lol.
          Originally posted by Reichart12 View Post
          When I'm seeing my car every day, I enjoy looking at the sight of euro grills. It might be subtle to some but I notice walking to my car each time to go for a drive.
          Agreed. Euro grilles were one of the first aesthetic mods i did...for a reason. They look better.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

I bought my kopi grills from Abrahams and no complaints, a couple years ago though.
            It's the subtle changes that make the biggest difference.

Comment

Euro grills are something you do cause you have an extra $30 in pocket, and want to do *something*.....With out turning a wrench, or cracking open a motor.

Well it use to be $30....Still...I'd never buy aftermarket plastic parts - unless it has great reviews. Some of it is all Chinese crap that isn't UV stable, it's the cheapest plastic they could inject into the machines - Never seem an abrahabs stuff - but...

I got mine from the motherland shortly after I got my e30. It's kinda-a-kick to have a *real* euro part on your car.

3-4 years ago, I cleaned it with dishwashing soap, filled a few nicks with body filler, scrubbed it down with a 600 grit, and hit it with SEM trim pant. Looks as good as new - only wish I had it it with a coat of wax to help wash off the bugs in the summer.
              Last edited by george graves; 07-19-2014, 04:23 AM.
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

... & the design of the louvres on the euro grills cools the engine better, too
                '92 alpinweiss 5spd cabrio w/mtech appearance package & factory hardtop
                '95 alpinweiss 528iT
                '88 dodge ram 50 sport cab

Comment

The Kopi ones from abrahams motorsport are perfectly fine. Ive had mine on for months and they have not dulled, a friend has had them for years. You just got a lemon or a UPS guy stepped on your package.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

I've had the kopi ones for about 6 years. the quality is meh but most people can't tell. mine are cracked though (cheap, thin plastic) and I won't buy the replicas again, want to pick up another new OEM set before they go NLA.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Never found the point in spending $$$ on Euro Grills (unless the stock ones are in terrible shape). The difference is so negligible IMO.

Comment

I got a set broken. I called and sent me another the next day no charge or return or proof of broken item

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I about you guys, but my car came with them factory, so they are staying.

Comment

Euro grills are fantastic. End of.
                            Originally posted by TSI
                            ♫ Rust flecks are falling on my head...♫
                            OEM+

Comment

I have like 8 pairs of euro grills in my room, haha. I really notice the difference.. even though I wear eyelids on my E30 now

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                kopi ones (cheap, thin plastic) and I won't buy the replicas again
                                Originally posted by jaywood View Post
                                Never found the point in spending $$$ on Euro Grills
                                That about sums it up.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X