X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a Dodge Dually
    Derek-

Comment

I'm with you all, I like it A LOT more on that white car.

I didn't feel this way at first, but if I was building some balls-to-the-wall, high HP E30, that is what I would want covering up my big-ass meats, it looks loads better than the homebrew widebody stuff I've seen on wild drift/hillclimb/etc. E30s in Yurp and elsewhere. I don't feel like this really belongs on anything with less than 400-500hp though with existing flare options and how much tire you can already fit under a stock one.

It kinda reminds me of the old JBA Dominator Mustang from the '80s, which was a seriously badass car for its time despite whatever opinion you may have of Mustangs.

(so much better wingless)

sigpic
      1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        But thats exactly why hahaha
        Here it is lmao

Comment

Don't know if it's purist hate or not but I would love to see a coupe with a built/boosted LS engine and big wide sticky tires with this kit
          Last edited by Reub_e30; 06-29-2016, 08:04 PM.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Daily: 06 Chevy Colorado (wannabe racetruck)
          Drift/Track Car: 91 Bmw 318i 4dr

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
            Here it is lmao
            Clearly they were going for a Lindsey Lohan inspired before v. after type thing.
            ADAMS Autosport

Comment

It cracks me up that whoever owns that vert went to great lengths to make sure everyone knew he had an oil cooler (even though the M20 has one stock), but then mounted it such that 1/3 of it is blocked and has no airflow. It's very try-hard.

I don't understand the exposed oil cooler trend on cars. It's dumber than stance, and even dumber than window stickers in cursive lettering, slightly tilted or no.

It's almost as dumb as putting roll bars in stance show cars. Are you really going to roll the car trying to get over a speedbump?
              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                It cracks me up that whoever owns that vert went to great lengths to make sure everyone knew he had an oil cooler (even though the M20 has one stock), but then mounted it such that 1/3 of it is blocked and has no airflow. It's very try-hard.
                Because JDM. I mean what better way to show you live life on the edge than by needlessly spending money to run your engine oil through to a highly vulnerable location for limited gain?

I don't understand the exposed oil cooler trend on cars.
                It was actually a legit motorsports thing common in Japan in the '70s.

sigpic
                1991 325i Sport - Calypsorot Metallic - DAILY DRIVEN

WTB in SoCal: 8"/10" Lukebox, leather Sport steering wheel, 60L MotoMeter fuel gauge, Thule/Yakima roof rack

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                  That right there is funny.
                  I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Originally posted by Reub_e30 View Post
                    Don't know if it's purist hate or not but I would love to see a coupe with a built/boosted LS engine and big wide sticky tires with this kit
                    I'm the farthest thing from a purist and I think it looks pretty damn bad, it just looks tacked on and doesn't look "right," like a '90s ricer body kit.

IG @turbovarg
                    '91 318is, M20 turbo
                    [CoTM: 4-18]
                    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                    - updated 3-17

Comment

Its great that you can fit more rubber on your car but it just looks cobbled together. The coupe looks a bit better but overall it just doesn't look right. The price tag and the Swiss cheese car is pretty unappealing also.
                      sigpic
                      1991 318is x 2 .

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                        Here it is lmao

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

my dog looked at it and shit all over the floor so i had to beat is ass! just kidding. seriously, it just gets uglier every time i look at it.

seems like a shitload of money to dump into an e30 that one will never even come close to getting back when its sold. it also seems like a lot of money to toss into the car only to have about 9/10ths of the community ridicule you.

MAYBE.......i could see this kit on a race car to tuck big tires under the fenders.....still ugly as hell though.(with all due respect of course)
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Needs more sideways stickers, or it's not a real track car. it also needs to be lowered at least 3mm.

I guess this is just the next level of "stance". Make it look like a track car (with a cage!), but it'll never even make it out of the grocery store parking lot meets.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I don't hate the coupe.

But I do expect the driver to be wearing a flat bill monster energy cap.
                              AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                                Said the same thing on r3v facebook lol
                                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X