No announcement yet.

DIY: In depth M52/S52 OBD2 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does the stock m52/s52 ccv have a built in check valve?? or a check valve in the line that goes into the dipstick tube?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

HELP! Which K&N filter to run?

Hi guys,

I'm running the Dinan CAI in with my e30 m3 S52 swap, and its not leaving me with a ton of room with the ABS, can someone give me some advice to which K&N filter I can run? I need to pass the Ca. Referee..

Thanks!!:D

Comment

Let me clarify, anyone advise me of a REALLY Small K&N filter I can use? Happy 4th!!

Comment

Originally posted by 355gto View Post
          Hi guys,

I'm running the Dinan CAI in with my e30 m3 S52 swap, and its not leaving me with a ton of room with the ABS, can someone give me some advice to which K&N filter I can run? I need to pass the Ca. Referee..

Thanks!!:D
          I not 100% on this but I don't think the ref is usually too concerned with the inlet side of the MAF. I have a BAR'd swap
          My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Can anyone here confirm that this wiring schematic is accurate for a 7/96 S52 OBD2 into a 12/89 325i??

I've built my own spreadsheet that is almost identical to this by using the ETM's but there are a couple small things I'm not 100% sure on. I'd love to save a few bucks on my already stretched budget before I give up and give Dave more of my money to have it done perfectly.

(Note: I did not make this, I take no credit for the work involved I am purely linking to the original poster's image)
            1990 332i, 4 door
            2008 KTM 990 Superduke
            2018 Golf R, 6spd manual (Pending delivery)
            2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
            2007 Z4M Coupe - Sold to very nice people

Comment

Originally posted by McDewbie View Post
              awesome, thanks. do these transmissions have mechanical or electrical for the speedo? just wondering cause i will be going standalone ECM. also does the m52b28 oil pan sti low... like scrape low? and if so any solutions? i will be lowering it a little (1"-1.5").
              I'm thinking nobody has responded because your question is SO basic that it'll just be the first of a thousand. You need to do MUCH more reading, and definitely need to spend some quality time with your e30 before considering a swap. I've owned mine for three years and this swap is certainly nothing I would've wanted to tackle in the first couple of months of ownership.
              To answer: BMW puts the speed sensor where it actually makes sense, the ring gear in the differential.
              S52-Powered 1987
              sigpic

Comment

The original post said "Expansion tank to metal pipe: cut piece of long S52 hose".
                Anybody know WHICH long s52 hose? I don't have any of them and this is holding me up. They are, of course, different diameters.
                S52-Powered 1987
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the great write-up! Hopefully do this soon. Just gotta find the space.
                  1984 AW 318i - aka Runt

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Hayes View Post
                    The original post said "Expansion tank to metal pipe: cut piece of long S52 hose".
                    Anybody know WHICH long s52 hose? I don't have any of them and this is holding me up. They are, of course, different diameters.
                    To answer my own question: No idea. I used a piece of 3/4" hose that fit on the spider tube on the engine, and then stretched the crap out of it to fit over the nipple on the expansion tank. I'd love to buy an actual hose that fit, though.
                    S52-Powered 1987
                    sigpic

Comment

a lot of information here, thanks for the info, bookmarking.

Comment

Great info here! One day I need to do this
                        2004 500whp STI Track monster
                        1988 180hp Slow Daily 325is

Comment

Can anyone confirm that this is the correct hose to connect the heater core to the back of the cylinder head? http://www.ecstuning.com/ES177878/

Comment

try fitting the stk E30 one first. I think that is what I used
                            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Awesome write up. Thanks so much for writing this thread; it was my inspiration for the OBD2 M52 swap I finished a couple weeks back.

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                                try fitting the stk E30 one first. I think that is what I used
                                I don't have the stock E30 hose. I need the correct part number to order it. Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X