X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touring boot cover/bin?

Hello,

I was wondering, I found an original BMW boot bin, like this one:

Anyone here got one of these? I was wondering will this leave indentations in the carpet on the sides, where the edge op the plastic touches the carpet covers? As I don't want to end up with lines in my carpet.

Thank you
    1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
    1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
    I was wondering, I found an original BMW boot bin, like this one:

Anyone here got one of these? I was wondering will this leave indentations in the carpet on the sides, where the edge op the plastic touches the carpet covers? As I don't want to end up with lines in my carpet.
    I've sure never seen one of those before. What kind of nastiness are you planning on carrying back there?

Just from looking at that picture it's clear that the top edge at the very least will dig into and permanently mar the carpet. It doesn't look like it's that tightly fit, though, so I would cut either thick cardboard or corrugated plastic to fit the floor and sides, then paint it if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
      I've sure never seen one of those before. What kind of nastiness are you planning on carrying back there?

Just from looking at that picture it's clear that the top edge at the very least will dig into and permanently mar the carpet. It doesn't look like it's that tightly fit, though, so I would cut either thick cardboard or corrugated plastic to fit the floor and sides, then paint it if necessary.
      I don't plan on carrying nasty stuff, just cleaned my whole interior with an carpet extractor so I wan't to minimise it getting dirty again (I use my E30 as a daily) I kinda dig the look of the plastic tub?

And yes, from the looks of it, it'll dig in the carpet. But who knows someone on here also has one and can give further info on this..

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

I had one and it didnt stay very long. unable to get into the side pockets with it in and unable to use the larger space by folding the seats down. It did leave a line on the carpet on the sides.

Comment

Originally posted by dooce View Post
          I had one and it didnt stay very long. unable to get into the side pockets with it in and unable to use the larger space by folding the seats down. It did leave a line on the carpet on the sides.
          Cool, thank you for your info! Guess I'll let this one pass

1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X