New seat foam at ECS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New seat foam at ECS?

Am I the only one who didn't know you could get sport seat foam new......?

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 seat foam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	7250284

From ECS...

52101933390 is a universal (right or left seat) seat pad designed by BMW, it was used in cars with production dates after 10/86, it can be used in older cars as well the cars which came with it.

52101965894 and 52101965895 are no longer available (the are out of production and no longer stocked). BMW suggests use of 52101933390 in any car which originally required these pads.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E30 uper seat foam.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	7250285

Thats pretty awesome. Wish you could order individual bolsters though.

Originally posted by 2mAn
    The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Having one brand new bolster and one 35yr old one would look a bit ordinary though.

Not a bad price really for such a specific thing.

Comment

Yep - I bought a 'bottom' a few years ago and stashed it away for when i do my seats. Good stuff! :)
        -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

damn. adding to list of things i need/want
          '87 Vert, Black, 5-sp
          '15 Civic Si, White - Daily commuter
          '15 MB C300 Sport, White/Cranberry - Wife's

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            Having one brand new bolster and one 35yr old one would look a bit ordinary though.

Not a bad price really for such a specific thing.
            Haha yes. I just meant in my case, the drivers left bolster foam is totally deformed but the right side its in good condition. It would be nice to save some $$$ and just replace what I need.

I just picked up a set of recaro LS-B and the replacement foam is more expensive than sportseats, which I thought was interesting.

The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Seat foam can be restored (to a degree) using a good clothing steamer. It plumps the foam back up. Won't do anything to foam that has degraded to the point that it falls apart, but if foam is good then blast some steam into it and you will get it back into pretty good shape.

Comment

I watched Kevin Chin refurb foam by cutting it with an electric knife and then gluing it all back together w contact cement.
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by Mook613 View Post
                  Seat foam can be restored (to a degree) using a good clothing steamer. It plumps the foam back up. Won't do anything to foam that has degraded to the point that it falls apart, but if foam is good then blast some steam into it and you will get it back into pretty good shape.
                  Good tip, I'll have to try that.

The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Working...
                  X