No announcement yet.

1989 325i S52 Cirriusblau Coupe - street/track car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think cirrusblau is my favorite color on the e30 other than the reds.

really nice car. it says a lot that you dropped the whole front subframe rather than just beating the exhaust in for clearance. good attention to detail.

1989 Coupe build thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=312012
    IG: @mitchlikesbikes

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
      fucking score!
      For sure! Cant wait to get it all installed.

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
      looks good, but stop referring to the car in the masculine!
      Lol named it Frankenstein, or frank for short.

Originally posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
      i think cirrusblau is my favorite color on the e30 other than the reds.

really nice car. it says a lot that you dropped the whole front subframe rather than just beating the exhaust in for clearance. good attention to detail.

I really like cirrusblau as well. Not a common color and really looks good on the body. I am a bit picky when it comes down to cars and have high standards so it seemed like the only viable option other then making custom headers which would have been more expensive.
      sigpic

Comment

Just got back from a weekend of wrenching on the car. Great progress on the interior and got a few small things done which I was happy with as well.

Here was my work space for the weekend, a friends garage:

Got right to pulling the interior apart so I could install the anthracite carpet and my Sparco Evo II's

Just a bit of wiring for what was a trunk CD player (yes someone willingly installed a trunk CD player in this car)

This is how the PO took the play out of the brake peddle so the bad brake light switch wasn't constantly on (yes it has been replaced). People are inventive when they have to be...

Yayayay, no rust in sight

After some serious carpet wrestling it finally got into place

got the rear seats tucked back in

finally got some studs for the track. no more lug bolts!;D

all ready to go in

some rubber

also snagged some all red tails from a member here on r3v. they look flawless

seats finally going in! WOO

All buttoned up. really happy with the way the interior turned out. now i just can't wait to use them on track!

im going to try and go back in the next few weeks to throw in some lolliepops and camber plates and if i have time TAB's, subframe, and diff bushings.

everything is starting to come together and look exactly how i want it to!

thanks for looking!
        sigpic

Comment

Finally buttoned up almost everything that I needed to in order to get this thing back on the road in the spring! Hopefully it will be out by the end of the month!

All it needs now is some new diff/trans fluid, put a new interior door latch on, and an alignment. I added some more camber because I basically had 0 and installed my lollipop CAB's. Also got the rest of the seat stuff squared away, aka installing buckle latches and positioning the driver side seat in the correct position. Really excited to get this thing out on track this spring/summer.

pulling old CABs

and new ones installed

drivers seat view

almost ready for take off
          sigpic

Comment

Definitely coming along man, nice car! Looks clean
            88' E30 325 24v Turbo Coupe
            91' E30 325i Sedan
            09' E82 135i Coupe (Sold)
            01' E46 325ci Coupe (Sold)
            97' E36 328is Coupe (Sold)
            91' E30 325i m52 Coupe (Sold)
            90' E30 325is Coupe (Sold)
            90' E30 325ic Coupe (Sold)
            88' E30 325is m20 Turbo Coupe (Sold)
            88' E30 325 Coupe (Sold)
            87' E30 325e Coupe (Sold)
            86' E30 325es Coupe (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by SSR-125 View Post
              Definitely coming along man, nice car! Looks clean
              Thanks man! Yeah, its come a long way. Looking forward to talking it out in a few weeks!
              sigpic

Comment

Kyle,

Sam, the PO here. Glad you are the one who bought my car as you have really taken great care of it. You really took it too the next level with what I started. I hope you love driving it on track just as much as I did.

As for that hair band... I died laughing when I saw that picture. I completely forgot about that. I needed a quick fix on a road trip my ex girlfriend and I were on when I noticed my lights stayed on because of a sagging peddle. It worked so well I guess I never remember to fix it.

I drive an E46 M now but still miss that thing.

Cheers
                1989 325i 5Lug S52 - RIP 1991 325i S52

Comment

looks like this one is up on BaT

Comment

yep

Comment

great project.

Comment

Working...
                      X