Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E30 Street/TimeAttack (+ E36 V8 Turbo Touring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay where were we..

Oil pan bolted to the engine and it still fits, couple of small additions need to be done before I can say it's complete. Oil stick will be attached with AN fitting, as easy as it gets:

I ordered a batch of AN12 fittings and hose for IC water lines and oil breather lines (yeah I already welded stupid hose fittings in the breather can so I need to change them):

Had to push the car out while cleaning the garage, notice my nice new wheels:
    Facebook - MRT Engineering
    eBay - MRT Engineering
    Instagram - mrtengineering
    YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Some pictures before I cleaned the garage, the reason why I have now worked with the car outdoors:

Today the driver side rear quarter looked like this, soon getting ready for molding. Front fenders are almost done too, some minor spots that I'm not happy with, but after all it's going to be a race car, so...

Batch of these were sold out quite quickly, so if any of you M20/M30 builders are interested send me a PM or contact via facebook, new batch is coming. Also there will be a U.S. vendor for these :)

eBay - MRT Engineering
      YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Bodywork fabrication continues, driver's side is already quite good. I remade the side skirt model which is much simpler, lighter and should work better. I'll take a picture for the next post.

Before I cut the hood I made a tunnel for the radiator, all the air goes in front bumper and then exits the hood vent, should be effective enough.

I tried to remain some orginal body shapes yet not forgetting functionality.
        eBay - MRT Engineering
        YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Getting closer
          sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

It sure is :-)

I spent few days with the hood before our holidays, to be continued next week. To perceive the next part of the puzzle I already cut the front bumper in pieces
            eBay - MRT Engineering
            YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

The wide body is looking great, Im really loving the radiator hood vent.
              First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Going for a full V mount cooler and rad setup?
                sigpic

(clicky on piccy to get to thread)

Comment

Thanks Z28!

econti: Just the engine oil cooler (+ simple powersteering fluid cooling loop) will be mounted in front of the radiator, you can see the mounts in earlier pictures. Intercooler still sitting behind the engine in cabin side :)
                  eBay - MRT Engineering
                  YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

bad ass
                    Build Threads:
                    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

oh man this is getting good!
                      -Alex

Comment

How are you getting oil pickup to the rear sump?

This is my favorite thread on r3v currently, keep it up !
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

LJ851: I'll make a completely new oil pump back plate and pickup pipe, pictures on previous page..

Soon it's time for updates.. Tomorrow I should be able to lay some fiberglass to front bumper, currently it's riveted together with sheet metal pieces. Spending my holidays from work so I've got time to make some progress hopefully :)

I got some interesting parts in my hands lately, makes me rethink my front setup

eBay - MRT Engineering
                          YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

So... the front bumper. This is how it looked with sheet metal "mold", quickly threw together for next step:

Some fiberglass laid behind, total 4-5 layer was used to get enough stiffness:

Took off the sheet metal parts and this is the result, next some filler..
                            eBay - MRT Engineering
                            YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Getting there, now it has more solid look :)
                              eBay - MRT Engineering
                              YouTube - miugemrt

Comment

Epic. That view just put a smile on my face.
                                Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X