• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it work?
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
      Does it work?
      Yes - only issue I had was one of the hose crimps let loose with a bang. The hydraulic shop seemed a bit confused and I'll probably buy the Mastercool crimper and re-do my hoses.

I'm planning on producing more of the CAN interface boards and selling them. I could support M/S52 compressor with pressure switch or S54 compressor with pressure sensor.

Comment

If you make a package with the stuff drilled/tapped/welded with the CAN board count me in. I can supply the pressure switches and the hose end/fitting that allen bolts onto the S54 compressor etc obviously

Comment

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
          Yes - only issue I had was one of the hose crimps let loose with a bang. The hydraulic shop seemed a bit confused and I'll probably buy the Mastercool crimper and re-do my hoses.

I'm planning on producing more of the CAN interface boards and selling them. I could support M/S52 compressor with pressure switch or S54 compressor with pressure sensor.
          Yes, if you make this I will purchase! So you are saying you you can use either S54 or S52 compressor?

Comment

I would also purchase for either S52 or S54 compressor, however I would prefer to use the S54 compressor.

Comment

Originally posted by diesekte View Post
              If you make a package with the stuff drilled/tapped/welded with the CAN board count me in. I can supply the pressure switches and the hose end/fitting that allen bolts onto the S54 compressor etc obviously
              I'll definitely be selling the CAN boards, not sure about the pressure sensor adapter or lines. My S54 is in an E36, not E30. Lines were a bit of a pain as I had to order a few different ones from salvage E46 cars and cut/bend/weld then have them crimped.

Originally posted by R3Z3N View Post
              I would also purchase for either S52 or S54 compressor, however I would prefer to use the S54 compressor.
              Originally posted by Staszek View Post
              Yes, if you make this I will purchase! So you are saying you you can use either S54 or S52 compressor?
              Either compressor will work. I wanted to use the S54 compressor because it is variable displacement (should reduce/eliminate cycling) and I got one with my motor.

The pressure switch vs pressure sensor does affect the way the DME compensates for load. It can do a better job if it uses the pressure sensor. It will also regulate the aux fan speed based on pressure and radiator outlet temp.

My latest board prototype with work with the pressure switch or sensor. Compressor doesn't matter. It will also drive a check engine light. I hope to have production-ready batch of them completed in the spring.
              Last edited by gpeterson; 11-24-2015, 08:37 AM.

Comment

I'll definitely be selling the CAN boards, not sure about the pressure sensor adapter or lines. My S54 is in an E36, not E30. Lines were a bit of a pain as I had to order a few different ones from salvage E46 cars and cut/bend/weld then have them crimped.

Either compressor will work. I wanted to use the S54 compressor because it is variable displacement (should reduce/eliminate cycling) and I got one with my motor.

The pressure switch vs pressure sensor does affect the way the DME compensates for load. It can do a better job if it uses the pressure sensor. It will also regulate the aux fan speed based on pressure and radiator outlet temp.

My latest board prototype with work with the pressure switch or sensor. Compressor doesn't matter. It will also drive a check engine light. I hope to have production-ready batch of them completed in the spring.
                Awesome perfect timing!

Comment

Count me in as well.
                  -Dave
                  -90 Calypso 325ic (70K Original miles)
                  -00 M Coupe - Sadly sold
                  -97 328is - Sold
                  -90 Sterling 325is - Sold
                  -73 Taiga 2002 - Sold

Comment

Count me in as well.

Comment

Any update? I could actually use this now.
                      -Dave
                      -00 M Coupe - Sadly sold
                      -97 328is - Sold
                      -73 Taiga 2002 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mpwrcpe View Post
                        Any update? I could actually use this now.
                        Not yet - I figured I'd have until spring to make them production-ready. Are you still using A/C in Arizona this time of year or just looking for a functional CEL right now?

I just noticed your username/location and realized I purchased an item from you in bf.c last week. Funny.

Comment

Ha hey Garry! You should see the airbox tomorrow depending on the weather (it's snowing here now).

I'm getting ready to tie up the wiring on my S54 swap. I had the CAN wiring added to my swap adapter harness to make this addition very simple. I'm mainly interested in the CEL function right now, but I may put the AC back in depending on how much track time the car actually sees. I have enough wiring in place to stick this unit inside near the glove box or anywhere else really. If you can make something up that would be awesome!

Not yet - I figured I'd have until spring to make them production-ready. Are you still using A/C in Arizona this time of year or just looking for a functional CEL right now?

I just noticed your username/location and realized I purchased an item from you in bf.c last week. Funny.
                          -Dave
                          -00 M Coupe - Sadly sold
                          -97 328is - Sold
                          -73 Taiga 2002 - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mpwrcpe View Post
                            Ha hey Garry! You should see the airbox tomorrow depending on the weather (it's snowing here now).

I'm getting ready to tie up the wiring on my S54 swap. I had the CAN wiring added to my swap adapter harness to make this addition very simple. I'm mainly interested in the CEL function right now, but I may put the AC back in depending on how much track time the car actually sees. I have enough wiring in place to stick this unit inside near the glove box or anywhere else really. If you can make something up that would be awesome!
                            Ok, I can get something together for you after the holidays. It won't be the same as the production ones I'm working on but will be functionally equivalent.

Did you already get your DME flashed?

Comment

Frank Smith (TTFS) has the DME now. That would be awesome if you can throw something together!

Sent from my flux capacitor.
                              -Dave
                              -00 M Coupe - Sadly sold
                              -97 328is - Sold
                              -73 Taiga 2002 - Sold

Comment

Subscribed. I'm interested as well.
                                Vlad: '87 535isMaytag: '87 528e'88 911Project Minerva - S54 E28

Comment

Working...
                                X