Good spot for a meet in Western Mass / CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
    ^ Gfest is in September. Unless you're seeing something I'm not. But I was plannign on going. It's a week long event but I would only stay for a couple days

https://www.facebook.com/events/386384361561457/
    My bad. I'm horrible with dates lol
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
      Signed the papers for Oct. 18 :)
      Will announce tomorrow, did a lot of driving today!

YAY! I bet you did! Thanks buddy!
      sigpic

Comment

So will this be the new location for W. Mass?
        https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Personally, I was a huge fan of the location. Plenty of room all around. It was a great meet!
          sigpic

Comment

Good to hear that.

Comment

Yeah I really dug that meet. I had a lot of fun, and it wasn't a bad ride up either. I had to keep up with my 5.0 swap buddy, so with my 4.10 i was cruising at around 3k-3.5k for a while but whatever, my m20 can take it right.

Only thing for next time, we should have some sort of sign in sheet, where everybody puts their name and usernames, and if they want to go farther, phone and email... Just so we could at least get them personally on FB and whatnot. I mean everybody was really nice, but besides my friends Brian and Tay that were there, I don't really remember anyone's name.

Maybe we should look into doing something in the same spot in the spring, unless someone finds a better place?
              (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Best way for that is a name tag. But that is helpful way to remind you hey that's such and such instead hey I forgot your name....

Comment

I'm into the sign in sheet and name tag idea for next time!

I've been meaning to grab name tags for awhile now and bring them along.

We can make both things happen at the next meet for sure.

I'm going to be having a cook out/Meet with Pool and Ping Pong tourney at my apartment complex in Quincy.

We did it last year and had it in pot luck format. Everyone brought a dish and we went wild. It was a blast and I've got a large parking garage where we can have a little meet before going inside in the clubhouse.

Plenty of room in the clubhouse for everyone and there is a fire pit outside for those willing to brave the cold.

Info will be posted in the next week.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
                    I'm into the sign in sheet and name tag idea for next time!

I've been meaning to grab name tags for awhile now and bring them along.

We can make both things happen at the next meet for sure.

I'm going to be having a cook out/Meet with Pool and Ping Pong tourney at my apartment complex in Quincy.

We did it last year and had it in pot luck format. Everyone brought a dish and we went wild. It was a blast and I've got a large parking garage where we can have a little meet before going inside in the clubhouse.

Plenty of room in the clubhouse for everyone and there is a fire pit outside for those willing to brave the cold.

Info will be posted in the next week.
                    How close is Quincy to Cambridge? I just want to know because my GF is at Lesely and says she misses e30's

--Mike
                    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Originally posted by 15Michaeljoseph View Post
                      How close is Quincy to Cambridge? I just want to know because my GF is at Lesely and says she misses e30's

--Mike
                      If there is no traffic it's a 15-20 minute drive at most. I live off exit 9 headed South on 93.

If she took the green line to the red line, it's a 45 minute ride. My gf is in school in Cambridge so she does the ride often.

When the time comes, I would be more than happy to pick her or you both up at the train station. The Quincy center stop is a mile from the apartment We usually have a few females in attendance and my girlfriend will also be around for her to chat with.

You should certainly try to come to though! haha
                      sigpic

Comment

The meet was a good time. Everyone was great and the location was excellent. I like the idea of sign-ins as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Name tags are such a good idea I'm surprised we're not already doing it.

Mike if you're going all the way to Quincy lmk and we'll drive together

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Hahaha you guys are unreal. Never seen such hospitality in my life. I doubt I'll be out that way until after Thanksgiving (unless i go there for halloween, but idk) because she seems to be coming home a lot in between, but this would be really neat!

And Brian, you want to take a 30 road trip to Quincy? Do you know your way around there well? We should definitely do it sometime, I'm serious.

Also nametags will be on my list for next time. I'll make a little NE30 template for a sheet, kinda along the lines of the ones we got at that Longmeadow car show (Brian would remember), with space for you to list a couple mods, maybe a brief car story summary, plus names and usernames, location, contact info etc.

Depending on what my schedule looks like I might even be able to have them printed on more cardstocky paper, rather than just printer paper... But no promises on that bit.

Also, I was wondering who makes the NE30 swag (shirts/stickers) for us, and why there weren't any for sale at the meet? That would have been a decent idea too I think. :)

--Mike
                            (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

We've got a really good group here in NE30! We are lucky for sure!

That NE30 Template would be awesome!!! If you have time to make that happen that would be awesome and greatly appreciated! Having a template like that would be excellent as we would be able to reuse it for every meet.

No pressure at all, but that would be sweet. Thanks!

NE30 was started by Sean and Rich. They had a friend who made a few hoodies for them but we have never done a full run of hoodies or tee's. I made an attempt at it last year but they printing shop I was working with became very hard to deal with and things fell through.

I've found a new company we are going to use to do a Tee shirt/ Hoodie run in the next couple weeks.

Sean always has stickers on him at the meets but you usually need to ask. He is the guy with the green late model 318i vert on 1 piece style 5's.

I've only recently been made an Admin of the group but we are in the process of getting things a bit more organized over the Winter to have a bigger better year next season.

NE30 had been growing steadily but over this Summer we had a huge influx of members who want to be active with both meets and driving events. I would say you can expect a BIG season next year all around for NE30.

-Jon
                              sigpic

Comment

On the card stock idea.. maybe something classy we can hang from the rear view mirror? At the very least something you can stick in the windshield. Mine would read: mods: fixed every single little broken thing on the car.

I liked the sticker and want to put it on my car but I'm trying to find a good place. Maybe cut up in sections on the grille.. will have to see how it works

I work next door to a fedex/kinko's so lmk if you have a template and want me to make something up for you.

I feel like sweaters/etc for sale would help offset the cost of having the meet. I didn't even think to bring donation money. I would def be in for a zip-up hoodie, size medium. Maybe something with the ne30 logo in the left hand breast pocket, or even a big logo on the back of the sweater. Any color sweater would work: green, blue, purple, red, orange, black.. anything but yellow

I like both the events as well as the idea of rallying TO the event. So instead of driving up the highway, get a group of cars along a more twisty section of road. It may not always be feasible with how far some members have to drive but it's something I think would be cool to do. Maybe we could elect one guy from each state or each part of a state to poll what kind of drive people from that area want to do and set it up

It seemed like this year every weekend I had off to go to a meet, I ended up staying at home and fixing something on the car instead. Hopefully next year I'll have fixed enough things to actually go to a meet!

Mike.. I'm from the west coast and know nothing except what google maps tells me, but I came all the way here so might as well explore the area
                                Last edited by Das Delfin; 10-21-2015, 08:43 PM.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Working...
                                X