Guide to your OBD2 swap! Diagnostics and logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Select iso 9141-2 as the protocol.
    You may need to uncheck fast communication as well.
    RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
      Select iso 9141-2 as the protocol.
      You may need to uncheck fast communication as well.
      I unchecked fast communication, but where can I select the protocol?

Edit: I found it. Still nothing :( car icon blinking

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
      Last edited by craiggroves91; 06-25-2017, 05:56 PM.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I'm thinking something must not be right from the tune I have. Is this a possibility?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

The tune won't block obd2 reading unless for some reason they gave you an ms41.0 tune
          RHD OBD2 M50b25 turbo build thread:
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=384800

Comment

Originally posted by ba114 View Post
            The tune won't block obd2 reading unless for some reason they gave you an ms41.0 tune
            Ah that must be it. It is ms41.2

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

OB2 S52 Data Log

Thanks for the link Dave.

With the help of e30evan I (he) figured out how to get the testo program working on my computer.
              We ran the car at idle from a cold startup on a warm day for 2 mins and here is the log.

I am running a S52 OB2 swap in e30 with complete evap smog system to pass BAR.

Trying to understand the meaning of the numbers are. I am having issues with fuel consumption and from I read it may be the O2 sensors.

Can anyone tell from the log if that is the case?

What do the numbers mean and what range I should expect?

Thank you in advance for your help. File link below.

https://ufile.io/2a3am

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
                Thanks for the link Dave.

With the help of e30evan I (he) figured out how to get the testo program working on my computer.
                We ran the car at idle from a cold startup on a warm day for 2 mins and here is the log.

I am running a S52 OB2 swap in e30 with complete evap smog system to pass BAR.

Trying to understand the meaning of the numbers are. I am having issues with fuel consumption and from I read it may be the O2 sensors.

Can anyone tell from the log if that is the case?

What do the numbers mean and what range I should expect?

Thank you in advance for your help. File link below.

https://ufile.io/2a3am
                Almost got it working correctly lol. Log looks like you were pulling data using MSS54 serial instead of MS41.2.

Check Us out on Facebook
                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                Full Product Line Tuning
                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                  Almost got it working correctly lol. Log looks like you were pulling data using MSS54 serial instead of MS41.2.
                  We used MSS52 (DS1) (SERIAL) from the drop down list on the left, there is also a MSS52 (DS0) (SERIAL) but that path does not seem to work. Will run again this weekend to see if anything is different.
                  I see the S54 file in the program, we definitely did not run that one.

Ton of data to review, is there someplace where I can find out if 45 is normal for the MAF? Or if having Sensorversorgung 1 (Master) at #2739 and
                  Sensorversorgung 2 (Slave) at #3 is normal?

Perhaps another graph of a stock s52 operating normally to compare it against?

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by bradmer View Post
                    We used MSS52 (DS1) (SERIAL) from the drop down list on the left, there is also a MSS52 (DS0) (SERIAL) but that path does not seem to work. Will run again this weekend to see if anything is different.
                    I see the S54 file in the program, we definitely did not run that one.

Ton of data to review, is there someplace where I can find out if 45 is normal for the MAF? Or if having Sensorversorgung 1 (Master) at #2739 and
                    Sensorversorgung 2 (Slave) at #3 is normal?

Perhaps another graph of a stock s52 operating normally to compare it against?

Thank you for your help!
                    MSS52 is E39 M5. None of the data is correct so ignore it. You need to pick MS41.2

Check Us out on Facebook
                    Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                    Full Product Line Tuning
                    OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 328ijunkie View Post
                      MSS52 is E39 M5. None of the data is correct so ignore it. You need to pick MS41.2
                      Tried again using MS41.2 and ran the car for just under 2 minutes, I have the link pasted below.

Thank you Dave!

Upload files, for free, securely, anonymously, without limits. @UploadFilesFree

Comment

I have been playing around with a bluetooth obd2 adapter and the torque app myself.

It seems that no matter what i try i cant get the app to read incoming values faster than about once every 2 seconds. so the the tach is super jumpy and useless, load is impossible to read correctly. just overall crap for trying to look at live data.

is there any way to speed it up? make the data come into the app in real time?

Comment

No. It's just bluetooth being slow. For faster logging use some usb cable and pc with software like testo.

Comment

Working...
                          X