Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m52b28 AC compressor fitting question, which fitting is needed/used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt sure if the 318 line would work in my compressor. It seems that my connectors are different than most. Mine seem to come out the side while others came out the top. That was the main concern.
    1990 325is
    m52b28
    3.73lsd
    g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Thats because the E36 line does not work in the E30 chassis. You have to get a new fitting if you want to make it work. I even purchased the same line that you have there new because I thought I could make it work... this was way back when I just swapped my personal car (before the shop even).
      IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

So the 318 line with connector fits the compressor and no mods needed for that line?
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
          Thats because the E36 line does not work in the E30 chassis. You have to get a new fitting if you want to make it work. I even purchased the same line that you have there new because I thought I could make it work... this was way back when I just swapped my personal car (before the shop even).
          What's the P/N on the line you're using? I'll be going through this here shortly.

Are you guys utilizing the rest of the stock E30 components (condenser, drier, pressure switch, etc) and just filling the system with r134?
          1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
          1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

I use a parallel flow condensor.....otherwise stockish cept of course e36 compressor. My car has been blowing icecicles for years now. Oh my stock aux fan is wired to run on high....

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post
              What's the P/N on the line you're using? I'll be going through this here shortly.

Are you guys utilizing the rest of the stock E30 components (condenser, drier, pressure switch, etc) and just filling the system with r134?
              This is the part:

That is $193 part...little to much for my blood.

The guy that had my car before had already been running r134 before he did the swap. I want to say he did switch some stuff out but I can't be sure.
              1990 325is
              m52b28
              3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by mpowerful View Post
                I use a parallel flow condensor.....otherwise stockish cept of course e36 compressor. My car has been blowing icecicles for years now. Oh my stock aux fan is wired to run on high....
                Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                Beautiful, that was precisely my plan. I'll see if I can find a used hose, because there's no way in hell I'm paying $200 for an AC hose unless it's hand carved beryllium.

Did you use this parallel flow?

1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

No clue what is done to mine.

Yeah I'm not wanting to pay the $200 either. I've been looking on ebay, and not really seeing that line. Not sure if they are saying that another line would do for a 318, but would be different for a swapped car.
                  1990 325is
                  m52b28
                  3.73lsd

Comment

Posting part number: 64538391046 for future reference.

I am going to go to a shop and try to get them to make me a custom line because that part is now $202 from ecs and I think I can do both lines for less.
                    Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Frog View Post
                      Posting part number: 64538391046 for future reference.

I am going to go to a shop and try to get them to make me a custom line because that part is now $202 from ecs and I think I can do both lines for less.
                      What I did was look for a compressor for an e36 on ebay that had the fittings on the compressor to the AC lines where they came up like at a 45 degree angle.

Then I bought the compressor just for those two fittings. I then took them to my local shop that makes these hoses and had them weld/solder these fittings to my e30 lines.

Now I have AC.
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                      X