Random and first E30 find advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaseb124 View Post
    I think im gonna grab it, thanks for all of the advice guys!
    Do it, just don't fuck it up.

Comment

These cars aren't common enough to pass up a nice condition example in stock form.
      Years ago you could, but these days it's nearly impossible to find the "right" combinations. If you do, 3 grand would be a drop in the bucket.

If i sold my e30, I know I wouldn't be able to afford to buy a replacement in comparable condition.

In terms of this particular car I like the early bumpers and color. A euro bumper swap would make this car shine far nicer than a later model plastic bumper car.
      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
        These cars aren't common enough to pass up a nice condition example in stock form.
        Years ago you could, but these days I know it's nearly impossible.

If i sold my e30, I know I wouldn't be able to afford to buy a replacement in comparable condition.

In terms of this particular car I like the early bumpers and color. A euro bumper swap would make this car shine far nicer than a later model plastic bumper car.

I'm going to get it at 4 today I think, do you know how hard the I head swap is on an 86 vs an 87 or something? It would be later down the road but something I would like to do at some point to keep it reliable with the little extra power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaseb124 View Post
          I'm going to get it at 4 today I think, do you know how hard the I head swap is on an 86 vs an 87 or something? It would be later down the road but something I would like to do at some point to keep it reliable with the little extra power.

I honestly wouldn't focus on that at all yet.

Buy the car (which is a great deal) and start enjoying it. All of the questions you are asking have been answered, in incredible depth, in an organized format on this forum.

Learn about what the car has to offer, and begin with more minor preventative maintenance stuff. Head swaps will come with time, when you are ready.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

IMHO, do the chip then evaluate what you want to do. The upgrade in power is noticeable and worth it. The next step I'd do would be a 3.25 diff upgrade.

My first e30 was an 86 325es and while I loved the 5 speed, full on-board computer, cloth sport seats etc. I hated the acceleration after first gear. I could have done the above upgrades, but decided to dump it for a 325is. For my wants/needs it was the best decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
              I honestly wouldn't focus on that at all yet.

Buy the car (which is a great deal) and start enjoying it. All of the questions you are asking have been answered, in incredible depth, in an organized format on this forum.

Learn about what the car has to offer, and begin with more minor preventative maintenance stuff. Head swaps will come with time, when you are ready.

Well said, thank you.

sigpic

Comment

little early to be talking about boost. nobody boosts 325e motors.

The way the prices are 3k is probably pretty fair, i would not pay more then 2k personally.

A few things to look into.
                Projector headlights, and get a good set of led bulbs.
                Check the brakes.
                Check the cooling system.
                And the shocks and such im sure are no bueno, find some nice springs and shocks for a mild drop, and do some research on the e30, for a few years

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I bought it guys!

sigpic

Comment

if it become to costly to fix, sell it and buy an f30

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                      if it become to costly to fix, sell it and buy an f30

Hahaha nooooo, if anything I'd go back to another E90 335, but that thing was a headache sometimes...

sigpic

Comment

its an inside joke

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post

Learn about what the car has to offer, and begin with more minor preventative maintenance stuff.
                          This is all worth repeating.
                          Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                            This is all worth repeating.
                            Absolutely.

To the buyer...congratulations on your purchase. Just a few years ago, this car wouldn't have been that desirable. But as others have mentioned, finding a stock, unmolested, and rust free E30 chassis is becoming harder to find these days. There are still the unheard of deals that happen occasionally, but for the most part these days you have to 'pay to play' in the E30 world.

So I will say it again...take care of any maintenance that needs to be done, and then just drive, learn, and enjoy the car.

Just don't hack it up. Please.
                            Eric Giles
                            '20 M2 CS
                            '04 M3
                            '11 X5 35D
                            '87 325is
                            '91 325i Sport

There are few things more expensive than a cheap BMW...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Giles View Post
                              Just don't hack it up. Please.

OP can do as they please. It'll only drive the market value of clean examples upwards :)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                OP can do as they please. It'll only drive the market value of clean examples upwards :)

I don't really plan on hacking it up, I'll start my build thread tonight or tomorrow..

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X