heat sheild on cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heat sheild on cat

okay, so the bottom half of my heatsheild is rusted to shit and is for the most part gone, its rattleing and driving me crazy...is is safe to just take the rest of it off? or should i just get some hose clamps and fix the top from rattling?

otherwise, what can i do?, the cat is good and im not really interested in shelling out 400 for a new one :roll:

Fix it or fab a new one.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

what do you mean by fix it....is it possible to get just a new heat sheild? where would i get the insulation?

and is it really nessasary? i still have the top half :?

Comment

The bottom portion is to prevent lighting up grass or weeds if you happen to park off pavement... If you always park over non-flamabble areas you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Tangent
          The bottom portion is to prevent lighting up grass or weeds if you happen to park off pavement... If you always park over non-flamabble areas you should be ok.
          Until you forget about it then set the grassy field you parked in on fire and set 9 cars on fire like which happened here in NZ! 8)
          Definately replace it.

Comment

:shock: lol well i guess after i get it smogged its a straight pipe for me (OH EPA just announced that E-check will be shut down after this year 8) )

Comment

Working...
            X