No announcement yet.

DIY: Hydraulic Handbrake Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a question for the op. Where exactly did you tap the brake line and where? Thanks! Pics would be awesome

Comment

Where the unions are is basically where I tapped in. Second to last picture of the post.
      E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
      Insane Innovations LLC
      DTMFiberwerkz
      Achilles Radial

Comment

Where did u buy the adapter/double threaded at that goes on the mc. And if so what's the part number?

Comment

Part number for everything you need is in op. I did this few months ago and this was only write up I used. Read it again, everything you need is listed

Comment

Alright cool. That's all I needed to know

Comment

One last question does anybody know where mr horsepower got that bracket and hardware kit?

Comment

If you order from asd it's included

Comment

Asd just sells a mc and bracket kit? I want to make my own e brake using the hardware mr horsepower did

Comment

Currently installing in an e36, its a little close to the dash lol..

Comment

hmm now I want one of these set up for no good reason. Question, instead of using hard lines, why not use flexible lines like this one?
                      Attached Files
                      Originally posted by dvck
                      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by itskingsteelo View Post
                        hmm now I want one of these set up for no good reason. Question, instead of using hard lines, why not use flexible lines like this one?
                        I would think cost savings would be the motivator to use hard lines.

Comment

Use hard lines as much as possible. Even with steel braided flexible lines the handbrake felt mushy.
                          E-9 Motorsports

Supported by:
                          Insane Innovations LLC
                          DTMFiberwerkz
                          Achilles Radial

Comment

I am pretty sure, but to clarify, will I see any huge noticeable issues with my ABS or rear breaks the way I have my 96' M3 plumbed?

Its a 2 to 1 back to 2 inline setup.

Comment

This is more than less directed at mikeday, but i mounted my wilwood cylinder on its side, similar to how he did, and now i am having a helllll of a time bleeding it. Any tips?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kloucks View Post
                                This is more than less directed at mikeday, but i mounted my wilwood cylinder on its side, similar to how he did, and now i am having a helllll of a time bleeding it. Any tips?
                                This may sound idiotic, but seriously, park it crossways on an incline with the Driver side raised. Or... It may work to bench-bleed the master and re-install it.
                                1950 Dodge Panel Van (2002 5.9L Magnum V8 )
                                1st 1950 Panel Thread
                                2nd 1950 Panel Thread
                                3rd 1950 Panel Thread
                                1966 Dodge Charger (318 C.I. Poly-head V8 )
                                1977 MGB (2005 3.5L V6, NSG370 6-speed manual trans, BMW E36 IRS and front spindles, Mustang II IFS, etc.)
                                2004 Dodge Ram 2500 (5.7L HEMI - My Daily Driver)
                                2006 Jeep Commander (4.7L Magnum V8 - Wife's Daily Driver)
                                Among other past vehicles, this one stands out...
                                My Bronco-Esque '89 Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X