Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see the missing images as well. thanks

Comment

Yeah, my old imageshack links are broken too... anyway to reup on a photobucket or something that doesn't expire Simon? I occasionally came in here for inspiration on my builds.
      "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
      -----------------------------------------
      91 318is Turbo Sold
      87 325 Daily driver Sold
      06 4.8is X5
      06 Mtec X3
      05 4.4i X5 Sold
      92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
      90 325i Sold
      97 328is Sold
      01 323ci Sold
      92 325i Sold
      83 528e Totaled
      98 328i Sold
      93 325i Sold

Comment

All move to flickr so I can view things at work :)
        Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

Hey guys.. sorry for not keeping the thread up.
          Zen and the Art of Zen-thread Maintenance?

Yes - imageshack's been a real disappointment over the years. The "resizing" is on par with the broken links. Oy.
          All photos are neatly stored on my hard drive - just need to upload them (again) - and this time to a more stable host/provider.

I put a lot in to the project - let alone documentation/photos shared here. On my list to address over next few winter months.

In the meantime, the car continues to be a trouble-free joy to drive - (albeit, currently up for winter).
          Haven't been on r3v much as I gravitated toward motobike passions. Namely, a '72 Honda cb350 twin and a '94 Ducati 900ss/sp - both of which are of immense fun to ride - and satisfying to work on.

Someone asked about the defrosting grid. The repair goop I mentioned should be available at most auto parts stores.
          -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Thanks for the update. Glad things are going well. My dad and now brother have ridden and upgraded a 9i00SS throughout the years. Amazing bikes! I'd love to get my hands on an old Yamaha RZ350 after riding an R5 I was hooked.
            Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

so i just purchased a 91 318is and just found this thread. as lame as it sounds this thread speaks to me in the approach that im taking. the one i got needs work but isnt so far gone.

the one thing im dissapointed about (an maybe its just my computer and phone) but none of the (at least early) pictures work for me. does anyone else have this problem?

Comment

just realized above mentions the photos. also that like most noobs i have now bumped a 2 year old thread

Comment

any update on the pictures? I know its been awhile since the last post, but it would help a ton
                  1991 318is ---230K - DD
                  1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
                  so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Ahh i remember all these old threads from back in the day. Its to bad pictures are slowly starting to dissapear year after year. These were the good threads
                    1988 e30 alpine white vert 5speed
                    1987 e30 325 eta
                    1983 e28 533
                    2001 x5 4.4l
                    1997 e36 M3 Alpine white 5speed
                    1991 Jeep XJ I6 4.0

Comment

(sorry again guys about the failed photo links.. frustrating for me too.. ~1200 photos to reload is daunting/time-consuming.. have started several times, then life gets in the way.. like I have all the photos saved/categorized, but the load/wait/copy/paste/navigate/edit/post-code edit/etc. gets grueling real fast.. ) (currently going through coolant system rebuild hell.. oy.. ) (otherwise holding up great in the ~5 ? years since initial Zen-resurrection )

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                        (sorry again guys about the failed photo links.. frustrating for me too.. ~1200 photos to reload is daunting/time-consuming.. have started several times, then life gets in the way.. like I have all the photos saved/categorized, but the load/wait/copy/paste/navigate/edit/post-code edit/etc. gets grueling real fast.. ) (currently going through coolant system rebuild hell.. oy.. ) (otherwise holding up great in the ~5 ? years since initial Zen-resurrection )
                        Glad your still around and with car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
                        Alex 88 m5 | 91 318is | 19 Subaru Ascent
                        BMW Tool Rentals & Fender Roller

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
                          If you could send me the posts as forum code and a map from the old links to file names (like a text file with old link and new file name on same line), I could write you a script to upload the images to imgur, and then update the forum code with the new links, so that you would only have to copy and paste each post one at a time, instead of having to do each link.

Comment

Thanks guys for your patience.

All ~1,200 photos have been re-hosted !

Alive and well in Madison, WI yet. Got married. Good job.

The 318is is doing great. Been as reliable as a Honda. Still a great joy to drive.

In process of (finally) having a set of euroweaves refreshed. Once that's done with new tires, I'm thinking of putting her up on Bring A Trailer with something like a $12-13K reserve and see what happens. As much as I love the car, I think it's time to pass her on to a new caretaker.. I'm itching to move on to other projects.

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to sort all of the images, I've read through the whole thread and not only am I glad it resurfaced for me to find, but it's a fantastic resource and reference which would be a great loss to the community.

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Comment

Its literally kept me up at night thinking what a travesty this thread was without pictures. Just didn't seem right to have all this work disappear. Cant tell you how many times Ive referred to it in the past 5-6 years.

Im so glad this is back up, if for no other reason than to just enjoy it. Thanks again for this - its really impressive, I cant say enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X