No announcement yet.

Stroker Ace - 318iS to 327iS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really like the feel of this dibed shifter.
    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 04-22-2017, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Welded diff is a horrible thing for a street car....the car will corner terribly....hop, skip, twitch, etc.

Comment

I know about the cons of a welded diff and it's only a temporary thing. I'm just hoping the axles and cv's are able to withstand the month of abuse it's going to take while I track down a proper LSD.

Where I left it tonight. At this rate I'll be starting it very soon.
        Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 07-05-2014, 04:05 AM.

Comment

My solution to the top hose issue. After searching around some local stores and not finding anything, I improvised with this piece of vacuum cleaner pipe.

Comment

After cranking with no success, running through some basic diagnostics determined no fuel injector pulse.

Found issues with the C191 plug. All the wires had snapped off from the female side of plug, so I deleted it, crimped connectors onto the wires and connected that to the male side of C191. Sounds dodgy but they're all on there tight.

Then this happened.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 07-06-2014, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I'm assuming the hunting is just the ECU learning its way around the extra capacity and M50 injectors because it started to idle normally towards the end of the video.

Comment

Why must these tyres be so damn wide?

These should camber in reasonably well at roughly H&R Race height though?

Comment

what size are those meats? You might need to get adjustable plates...
                  sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

Originally posted by ajhostetter View Post
                    what size are those meats? You might need to get adjustable plates...
                    15x8-4 with a 205/50 KU36. They fit super wide though as the tyres are a good bit wider than the wheels.

I think my best option may be to have 8mm machined out of the mounting face for the fronts and leave the rears as they are. If that doesn't sort it out, I may opt for the specE30 fixed camber plates. Anything adjustable pretty much means you're a dangerous thug in Australia and you need to revert your car back to stock and go through costly measures to be allowed to drive it on the road again.
                    Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 09-03-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                      15x8-4 with a 205/50 KU36. They fit super wide though as the tyres are a good bit wider than the wheels.

I think my best option may be to have 8mm machined out of the mounting face for the fronts and leave the rears as they are. If that doesn't sort it out, I may opt for the specE30 fixed camber plates. Anything adjustable pretty much means you're a dangerous thug in Australia. Thankfully police would be too stupid to notice things like fixed camber plates.
                      Gotcha. Yeah, that fitment is baffling. Look at the Ground Control Touring plates if you're going to do much street time with that thing. Good luck!
                      sigpic

2014 GTI | 2002 Land Cruiser | 1991 Volvo 745t

Comment

I realised there was no way the Superlites were going to work on a street car and didn't feel like wearing out the "semis" in ~a month, so I swapped on my other 15x8's(15x8 et15 with 205/55).

Put the German engineering coil overs in too. Wound all the way down, then up two C spanner widths in the rear and one C spanner width in the front. Yeah, real accurate. I know. I'm very happy with the ride height but I may raise the rear another 10mm.

Fit the 16" electric fan. I've used those zip through the radiator clips before and they failed miserably so this time I made some mounts.
                        Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 11-30-2015, 01:15 AM.

Comment

I'm still not daily driving this yet because I'm trying to track down the source of the horrendous idle/misfire and should probably put the 3.73 LSD in.

Idle is surging between 1,500RPM and 2,500RPM with a 4 cylinder coding plug. Has a slight misfire and generally sounds rough. All hoses appear to be tight and leak free. Carb cleaner sprayed around potential vacuum leaks made no difference. I'm thinking it's an incorrectly adjusted TPS not clicking to the idle circuit, bad ICV, bad O2 sensor, 172 ECU needs to be replaced with a 173, or the AFM. The AFM was purchased from eBay and looks utterly filth.

I have taken it on a few test drives though and it certainly feels pretty potent compared to what I'm used to from an M20(clapped out B23's on L-Jet).

Update: I took the intake boot off and adjusted the throttle stop so it closed completely. Idle is down to a reasonably steady 1,500RPM on the M42 tacho but still surges a bit and has a slight miss.
                          Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 08-09-2014, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Adjusted the screw on the outside of AFM and got it to idle pretty reasonably. No more missing on idle now either.

Also decided to man up and drive it with the weldy. It's such a beast, I'm in love with E30's again. No more dirty thoughts about E36 328i's.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 08-17-2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

I just love driving this car.
                              Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 08-18-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Fuse #6(brake lights) keeps blowing every 20 minutes or so.

Replaced every single globe in the rear half of the car and the two interior lights above each door. Still blowing.

Pulled all of the boot(trunk) loom out, cut the tape off and inspected throughly. Can't find any breaks in the wiring, or places it may have been shorting against the body.

Pulled the back seat out and checked the wiring under there. Nothing.

EDIT:

This is actually getting ridiculous. Fuse 6 blows almost immediately now. Any one had similar issues?

I've noticed that the right hand inner tail light assembly is a lot looser than the left hand and it wobbles around a bit. Could this be a potential cause?
                                Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 10-16-2014, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X