Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run different a size different tire on the front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run different a size different tire on the front?

I have a set of 195/65r14s for my Basketweaves, but I was told that two of those tires are out of round and don't balance properly. I even took them to a Road Force balance and they still shake if up front.

Tires are General Altimax Rt and are only 2 years old. They have caused a steering wheel shimmy since day 1 of mounting.

Can I run a set of 195/60r14 on the front an keep the 195/65r14 in the back without any adverse sideffects?

I know it would look a but funny, but I don't want to spend $$ on shit 14" tires and I don't have funds to buy new rims and tires.

Advice is appreciated.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Originally posted by nando
    I don't think there's really strong evidence that ZDDP harms cats.

Anyone care to chime in? There are literally no good tires in 195/65r14 and I don't really want to spend $$$ on 14in tires in 195/60r14 size.
    sigpic
    1987 325e Lachssilber w/ MarkD chip and late bumpers, Zender EVO spoiler, s3.25 LSD

Comment

Yes you can but your speed on your gauge will be off.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by mr.vang View Post
        Yes you can but your speed on your gauge will be off.
        Why would my speedo be off if only the front tires are smaller?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah you can run different sized tires on a rwd e30. Literally couldn't matter less. Do you know what happened for the mm to go out of round. I have the same tires and no issues, only 8k miles though.
          Build Thread
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
          Parts Thread
          https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

Isn't 195 60 r14 the oem size anyway?

That's what i have on my car, and that's what the tyre sticker says on the door.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
              Yeah you can run different sized tires on a rwd e30. Literally couldn't matter less. Do you know what happened for the mm to go out of round. I have the same tires and no issues, only 8k miles though.
              Those tires were that way from day one. I bought them off amazon and they have been hard to balance. I had them roadforce balanced last year and thats when I found out 2 of the tires were out of round. I imagine they were old tires or had a defect when I bought them. Not much I can do now... These were the last 195/65r14 tires I could find at the time that weren't chinese crap.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X