Conrod bolt question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conrod bolt question

So I am going to ask a question I already know the answer to just because.

I "was" freshening up my motor since I am slapping in a bunch of new parts and had it out already. My plan was to do everything except removing the rotating assembly. While on a roll removing parts I started breaking bolts loose and realized I had just loosened the main cap bolts.

Like I said I know the answer but just making sure. I assume I was not over zealous in ordering all new bottom end hardware this morning. They will need to be replaced correct? I assume there is not some magic 5 second rule or something if I tightened them back up super quick lmao.

That wonderful feeling you get when your project budget just doubled again......
    Last edited by joecrotch; 04-27-2017, 07:25 PM.
    sigpic

conrod bolt or main cap bolt? thread title doesn't match.

M10 mains cap bolts you wont have any issues reusing they arent stretching at 60Nm
    M8 rod bolts id buy another one as they are "stretch" bolts though some do reuse them
    Last edited by digger; 04-26-2017, 07:02 PM.
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
      conrod bolt or main cap bolt? thread title doesn't match.

M10 mains cap bolts you wont have any issues reusing they arent stretching at 60Nm
      M8 rod bolts id buy another one as they are "stretch" bolts though some do reuse them
      Sorry yes I am talking about the mains cap bolts. I had already purchased new connecting rod bolts since I am doing the rings.

Thank you that clears it up a bunch!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X