Clear All

1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      I don't see the point in your post:

"Hey look at the seemingly unethical things this guy is doing."

"Yeah, every politician ever has done that."

Anyone in this forum that doesn't realize that politicians continually lie to the public to get votes and rarely keep campaign promises in effort to placate the donors...........I don't know what to say.

Obviously no one gives a shit because they keep electing the same people.
      you and I are on the same page. when i post this stuff it's obviously for the derps who voted for trump and will defend him no matter what

Comment

Just a week into his position, US Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced Monday a rollback of nutrition standards for school meals, previously championed by former First Lady Michelle Obama as part of a larger initiative to improve the health of America’s children.

Under Perdue’s new rollback, schools across the country can now delay a requirement to reduce sodium levels, can serve kids fewer whole grains, and can provide one percent flavored milk in addition to flavored skim, unflavored skim, and unflavored one percent.
        Fighting the good fight

Comment

Yep, lowering​ federal regulations is a win.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
          Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
          Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
          Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

skim milk is horrible for you anyway
            Originally posted by Fusion
            If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              skim milk is horrible for you anyway
              Wrong.

Skim has almost identical properties to whole milk, just without the fat. If your family has a history of issues with Heart disease or have issues with weight and obesity, skim is the way to go. Whole milk is totally fine too, just has more fats, and tastes better.

The reason they wanted to drop fat containing milks from school cafeterias is because America has an Obesity epidemic, and by lowering the fat content in as many things as possible they can at least try and prevent kids from becoming overweight off of school lunches. This way the government cant be to blame for making kids overweight, only their parents, and the kids themselves, bad decisions.

Dairy industry playing some of you guys into the whole 'milk is good for you' skit still to this day. Milk in general isn't all that worth drinking, the majority of Vitamins you need comes from other foods, including vitamin D.
              willschnitz

Comment

The problem with Skim Milk is that there are tons of sugars in it while Whole Milk has less, at least that's how I understand it. Sugars are worse than fats. We shit out fats but not sugars. Sugars are converted to fat in our bodies.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                  The problem with Skim Milk is that there are tons of sugars in it while Whole Milk has less, at least that's how I understand it. Sugars are worse than fats. We shit out fats but not sugars. Sugars are converted to fat in our bodies.
                  This only applies if you are buying 'skim' milk with added sugars, which totally defeats the purpose of skim. Skim isn't supposed to have added sugars to replace fats, but because of how Dairy plays the system I'm sure they started adding it to market Skim just as effective as other milks.

Still, no one should be drinking milk as part of their daily diet.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                    Wrong.

Skim has almost identical properties to whole milk, just without the fat. If your family has a history of issues with Heart disease or have issues with weight and obesity, skim is the way to go. Whole milk is totally fine too, just has more fats, and tastes better.

The reason they wanted to drop fat containing milks from school cafeterias is because America has an Obesity epidemic, and by lowering the fat content in as many things as possible they can at least try and prevent kids from becoming overweight off of school lunches. This way the government cant be to blame for making kids overweight, only their parents, and the kids themselves, bad decisions.

Dairy industry playing some of you guys into the whole 'milk is good for you' skit still to this day. Milk in general isn't all that worth drinking, the majority of Vitamins you need comes from other foods, including vitamin D.
                    Well when you consume full fat dairy it has more calories so you feel more satisfied at the end of your meal as opposed to skim and low fat products. Studies show that by reducing your fat intake for the sake of reducing fat intake people tend to replace it with refined carbs or sugars. Studies are showing that you are more likely to be obese or diabetic while sticking to low fat dairy in your diet. Also I seem to remember something about the fat content being needed in dairy to help metabolize it properly and that its likely the dairy fats help the body to regulate insulin and glucose levels, some researchers think it may react directly on muscle and liver cells to help them metabolize sugars from all foods better. I also seem to remember reading something having to do with Insulin growth Factors (IGF) having a more negative impact on the hormonal systems with skim vs whole. But I am not saying I am not mistaken on that last point, I could be remembering wrong.

I agree though humans really should limit milk/dairy intake to small amounts
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 05-02-2017, 03:56 PM.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

It really comes down to Humans being weak pieces of shit when it comes to obesity. Not all this pseudo science people keep pushing about milk, whole or skim.
                      willschnitz

Comment

Wrong.

eating fat doesn't make you fat. simple carbohydrates and sugars are the culprit. in fact eliminating or severely restricting sugars and carbs in your diet will induce ketosis and cause the body to burn fat.
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I see you totally missed the point of the paragraph yet again george.

Fats are not as bad as they were once believed yes, but if you could cut them out, or cut milk out entirely, they were be a benefit. Fats can still have a negative effect on people with conditions that pertain to fats.

People keep trying to convince eachother this or that about milk, when in reality its just not that great for you in general, should be a treat, not a daily staple.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Im not ready for this mess that is to be Republicare/Trumpcare. I thought their whole point with agreeing to pass Obamacare was they threw in all their junk already.
                            willschnitz

Comment

Fats are not as bad as they were once believed yes, but if you could cut them out, or cut milk out entirely, they were be a benefit. Fats can still have a negative effect on people with conditions that pertain to fats.

People keep trying to convince eachother this or that about milk, when in reality its just not that great for you in general, should be a treat, not a daily staple.
                              You should really restructure this to point to "bad fats" vs "all fats"

The Mediterranean style dies is load with fats, with things like olives/olive oil/fish..........but those are the good fats.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

No i didn't miss the point of your post. Fats do not make you fat. i agree with you on milk. Milk is in it's own category for a number of reasons, mostly due to lactose sensitivity, and that milk is an inflammatory food as is wheat. They just aren't good for you to consume. You have to have fat in your diet to live.
                                Sugars are increasingly being linked to heart disease and serum cholesterol. We'd all be better off eliminating sugars and eating proteins and fats (as maniac says good fats).
                                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X