Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Reviews of the Continental EC Sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Reviews of the Continental EC Sport?

So, its getting to be that time of year again for summer tires and I need to replace the set I destroyed last year. I previously ran the Dunlop Direzza ZII. Loved them and will probably just end up getting them again, but I wanted to see if anyone had an experience on some of the newer tires out there with high treadwear.

One of the new tires I'm looking at is the Continental ExtremeContact Sport, but I can only find magazine reviews that don't actually tell you squat. Anyone with experience on these?

I also see the new Rivals, BFGoodrich g-Force Rival S 1.5.However, I'm tempted to stay on the ZIIs for the symmetrical tread pattern. And this brings up a problem with the Continentals as well.

I have them on my e39 m5. They are similar too Michelin PSS, but slightly softer sidewall. I am doing an autocross this weekend purely to see how they compare to the Michelin. I think they'll be a little less sticky, but maybe last a little longer and better in the wet.

I would stick with the ZII or try the Hankook RS4
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Thanks man. Obviously Michelin is not available in R15, but I'd still be interested in your review and comparison to the Michelins. And it is not a huge factor to me, but what are your thoughts on road noise on the Continentals and Hankooks? ZIIs are probably the noisiest tire I've run on the E30 so far.

Comment

I had some continental extreme dw

I liked them a lot, but as said above they're not as sticky, but they are really, really good in the wet.

I had potenzas on before and liked those alot more in the dry
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

The first version of the Rival S was specifically for AutoX. They are not a good street tire (or track tire for that matter). Not sure about the 1.5 version.

If the car is going to see mostly street driving, I'll +1 the Continental DW.
          Originally posted by kronus
          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
          X