Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 Grey original 325iX AWD Coupe 5sp NO RUST for Sale SUMMER PRICE DROP - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Grey original 325iX AWD Coupe 5sp NO RUST for Sale SUMMER PRICE DROP - No Longer Available

1988 Grey original 325iX AWD Coupe 5sp NO RUST for Sale SUMMER PRICE DROP

Asking price reduced
    Well, I?ve been off and on with my decision to sell this thing for years, and I?m finally posting this up here. Sadly, college left a bigger dent in my finances than I thought, and I need to sell my baby. I purchased this car in 2013. Since then, we have been paired up on countless adventures (Mostly highway miles from me) and I have maintenanced her regularly. I performed oil changes every 4000 miles, did timing belt, thermostat, waterpump, and accessory belts after I acquired her. Other repairs include: new tires, top end rebuild (headgasket, valve cover, and all other gaskets and goodies involved in this job), battery, fuel pump, wipers, front control arms, ball joints and bushings, speedometer and tachometer gears, front passenger axel and vc coupling, headlights, cam position sensor and cable.

For the past two years this car has been stored and covered. I would take her out of storage and drive around to move things around and keep things fresh. I?ve considered this car a collectors item, with the iX all-wheel drive e30 having very limited importations into the states, and also being badass as hell. The car is all original (minus regular maintenance), and should continue to hold its value for a long time as it has NO MAJOR RUST. While there are some peaking signs of some rust-like formations at the bottom edge of the drivers door (see pictures), this can soon be remedied. Other than this, there is no rust. This is extremely rare for a car that?s spent time in the Midwest.

This car is a perfect candidate for someone who wishes to have a base car for the amateur rally circuit, although I would much rather have the originality and integrity of this classic car continued.

The good:
    5sp manual
    Regular maintenance
    Expensive iX control arms already replaced (1000 job)
    Head gasket done (1000 job)
    Mostly highway miles
    All original
    No rust
    Lots of tire life left
    New megan racing muffler (sounds awesome, perfect volume to hear growl without droning on the highway)
    INTERIOR IS FLAWLESS and looks brand new. No dash cracks, no wrinkles in the seats, functioning sunroof, power windows.

The bad:
    Exterior needs a good wax and buff (fair amount of white paint oxidation on the hood)
    Rear suspension could be replaced (new struts and springs)
    Timing belt and waterpump could be done soon (they were done 20,000 ago)

Good/bad:
    I cut 1.5 coils from the front springs to lower it a few inches, this has reduced body-roll and leveled the suspension to be similar to a rwd-e30. I know this is controversial to some iX owners, however, after discussing with people who have also owned iX?s, when done to a reasonable degree the lowered suspension will not harm any other components.

I?m willing to wait for the right next owner, so don?t bother inquiring unless you are a serious buyer, and I don?t appreciate low-ball offers.

I?m asking 8,000

169,000 miles

video of jack test: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7SSNxfMyrJba0hPNkFLWVZjZGc/view?usp=sharing

under-carriage and engine bay photos added

List Date: 4/14/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 1988 Grey original 325iX AWD Coupe 5sp NO RUST for Sale SUMMER PRICE DROP
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

sigpic

Unless I'm misinformed on the matter, doesn't the 88 IX come with the original chrome bumpers, and fully loaded options including Heated seats? not sure if yours has the SkiPass or map lights either judging from the pictures posted. I created an account just to ask lol, I'm very interested in this sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawwsho View Post
      Unless I'm misinformed on the matter, doesn't the 88 IX come with the original chrome bumpers, and fully loaded options including Heated seats? not sure if yours has the SkiPass or map lights either judging from the pictures posted. I created an account just to ask lol, I'm very interested in this sale.

You are right, all 88's had chrome bumpers and came fully loaded.

Very nice looking car. GLWS
      '91 318is S52
      '88 325ix
      '88 944 Turbo

Comment

What do you mean by no rust, but has rust forming?
        2006 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD LBZ/Allison
        2002 BMW M3 Alpinweiß/Black
        1999 323i GTS2 Alpinweiß
        1995 M3 Dakargelb/Black
        - S50B32/S6S420G/3.91
        1990 325is Brilliantrot/Tan
        1989 M3 Alpinweiß/Black

Hers: 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo Black/Black
        Hers: 1988 325iX Coupe Diamantschwartz/Black 5spd

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
          What do you mean by no rust, but has rust forming?
          I think he means that it has no serious rust, but it does have rust. That's what I am getting from the ad at the moment.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

The car did originally have metal bumpers but the previous owner swapped for plastic. Has map lights, no heated seats.

To clear up the rust topic -- there is no serious rust, and most importantly, no rust on the frame or anything structural. However, there is a slight inclination of rust formation on the driver side door at a bottom corner. I will post a picture. I included this information not to confuse but to give transparency. Hit me with offers!
            sigpic

Comment

professional quality, informative pictures coming tomorrow!
              sigpic

Comment

a reminder that I'm taking reasonable offers near my asking price
                (feel free to offer more)
                sigpic

Comment

As the owner of 4 IX coupes...
                  You really need to post underside photos.
                  And under carpet photos of both foot wells
                  And pics of the bottoms of the doors
                  And pics of the lower part of the rad support, tail section and battery box

If the AWD works and has been maintained (jack test?), then I'd say the price is fair

GLWS
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

BTW it's Lachsilber, not grey :-)
                    One of the most desirable colors, only available on IX coupes in 88

Most of the 88s do not have heated seats or ski bag+arm rear rear seat
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

REALLY nice example. GLWS!
                      My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

photos of under carriage, engine bay, and jack test video added
                        sigpic

Comment

Nice IX. Miss mine for the winters
                          NASA
                          BMWCCA member
                          PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                          1997 M3 sedan
                          2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

Top dollar, but a very good solid car from what I can tell looking at pics. Glad to see you clarified the minor rust. GLWS!!!
                            1997 328i - SOLD
                            1991 325is - SOLD
                            2002 325i - SOLD :(

Currently:
                            1991 318is
                            2011 328i xDrive
                            2017 Highlander - Toy Hauler

sigpic

Comment

Great looking iX

Comment

Working...