• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does one find the 770/771 code?

Comment

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
      Where does one find the 770/771 code?
      It's on the build sheet. Look your last seven digits of the VIN up through one of the BMW VIN decoder pages.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Just found this thread, and figured I'd share mine!

Bailey Lanzilotta: Boston, MA
        Production Date: Not yet verified
        S770a in Alpineweiss / Lotuswhite
        VIN: EC06093
        5-speed
        Factory heated seats

Car has been in the family since 1996, so I have receipt for everything ever done in that period of time. The car has 155k miles on it, and also has a dealer-ordered hardtop
        Last edited by bjlanzilotta; 01-26-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bjlanzilotta View Post
          Just found this thread, and figured I'd share mine!

Bailey Lanzilotta: Boston, MA
          Production Date: Not yet verified
          S770a in Alpineweiss / Lotuswhite
          VIN: EC06093
          5-speed
          Factory heated seats

Car has been in the family since 1996, so I have receipt for everything ever done in that period of time. The car has 155k miles on it, and also has a dealer-ordered hardtop
          Your production date is 1992-04-01
          sigpic
          Current:
          92 325ic Mtech 770
          99’ 528it
          Past:
          02’ 325it - 88' 735i - 88' 325ic - 89' 325is - 85' 325e
          90' 535i - 95' 530i - 03' 530i - 88' 325ic

Comment

07-91
            EC27432
            5 spd swap
            Attached Files
            sigpic
            Current:
            92 325ic Mtech 770
            99’ 528it
            Past:
            02’ 325it - 88' 735i - 88' 325ic - 89' 325is - 85' 325e
            90' 535i - 95' 530i - 03' 530i - 88' 325ic

Comment

Registering my car!

Dean Grover, Bend Oregon. MTech II Cabriolet. EC05091. 5 spd. heated seats. Alpenweiss/lotus. Build Date July 5, 91. I believe I am the 4th owner. Originally sold back east but obviously not driven in the winter because there is no rust.

E30 and site Newbie. Previously owned a '74 somewhat bastardized 2002tii that was totaled when we got rear-ended by some moron too busy looking at her cell phone to see we were sitting at the stop sign she was fast approaching. Sad story but love the new car. Bought it off a guy in Eugene OR after getting the insurance payout for the tii.

Comment

Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about the Tii, but your M Technic convertible is near 10x as rare! 40x rarer if you're counting only US M Technic cars :)
                Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                  Welcome to the group! Sorry to hear about the Tii, but your M Technic convertible is near 10x as rare! 40x rarer if you're counting only US M Technic cars :)
                  Thanks! Love the car. Looking forward to a lot of good drives once spring hits up here in the Pacific Northwest.

Comment

1991/09/23

EC27087

Found her in Hawaii, 84k, one of three I know of in Oahu,
                    at the moment on her way to Miami for schome loving., she'll fit in perfectly.

Did some work and she gets pass downs from Delphi, like dbilas itb's (yet to install)

- T/belt & W/pump
                    - Refreshed head, heatbolts, gasket, etc
                    - Replaced L fender and door with oem Alpinweisse 2 pieces and worked on rocker panel.
                    - H&R Bils coilovers 350F/450R
                    - AC Schnitzer 16x8 et17 (et35 + 18mm adapter) on 195/45/16

Last edited by fporro; 04-22-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Anyone have extra mtech side marker light surrounds? I need one badly.
                      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

BMW 1992 325i M-tech

T. Mohr
                        Bellevue, WA
                        C26367

Attached Files
                        Last edited by terrymohr; 05-27-2017, 09:30 PM. Reason: add photo

Comment

question: what is M tech

Hi all - I am new to this forum. I have a 1992 M-technic cabrio. Can someone tell me what a m-technic E30 means? I've heard that in addition to a body kit, it may also have special suspension. can anyone tell me if that is true?

Comment

Originally posted by terrymohr View Post
                            Hi all - I am new to this forum. I have a 1992 M-technic cabrio. Can someone tell me what a m-technic E30 means? I've heard that in addition to a body kit, it may also have special suspension. can anyone tell me if that is true?
                            Quick primer...

770 option code = M technic appearance package. These cars only came in white/white or black/black with body colored basketweave wheels. Badged as 325i. Around 800-1000 were produced in 91 and 92.

771 option code = M Technic Luxusausstattung (luxury equipment in english) aka "Full" M technic cabrio. These cabrios only came in brilliant red, sterling silver and macau blue, featuring not only the body kit but M tech suspension, M tech cloth/leather seats, M technic door sills, trunk liner, leather door pulls and map pockets, leather center consoles and 15x7 silver basketweaves aka Euroweaves. Badged as "BMW M Technic" front and rear. Around 250 were produced in 91 only.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

[QUOTE=reelizmpro;4788061]Quick primer...

770 option code = M technic appearance package. These cars only came in white/white or black/black with body colored basketweave wheels. Badged as 325i. Around 800-1000 were produced in 91 and 92.

thank you for the primer. It looks like I have the 770 option code.

Comment

One just popped up for sale

1991 Sterling Mtech Vert - https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...174331267.html

Needs a little love on the outside, but interior is pretty amazing.

If this is who I think is selling it, the guy has 3 or 4 Mtech II cars. A friend of mine bought some parts off him a few years back and caught a glimpse of several in his garage.

If I hadn't picked up my Sterling 325is last year, I would be checking this thing out tonight.
                                1989 325is Lachssilber - Sold
                                1990 325is Sterlingsilber - Current Project
                                September 2018 Car of the Month: Zeemz
                                Youtube Track & Autocross Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X