$375 Pukebox Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$375 Pukebox Install

With GAS apparently closed we are left with what to do for our car audio. After much research, I think I have come up with a reasonably effective solution to the sound system in my car and wanted to share. I must give proper respect to Luke, I've read many of his threads and his theories behind what he does...that said, I don't understand how to build a crossover, how to tune a ported box and my carpentry skills/tools are limited. Thus I decided to go with a sealed sub box firing through the ski pass. The box seals to the rear seat bulkhead. I put this together this weekend and will say that the sound quality is amazing...very loud/clear with hard crisp base. No idea how the sound compares to the GAS setup but for the price the sound is fantastic. My setup includes:
    1. e34 premium mids and tweeters from the junkyard and have them in all 4 corners in the e30 premium speaker housings. $12
    2. 4 Audiopipe crossovers off of amazon at $8 each or $32 total.
    3. MB quart 10" shallow mount sub (requires a .65 sq/ft box) $54
    4. Kenwood KAC-7005 5 channel amp $159
    5. Kenwood KMM-BT318u $88
    6. Box- MDF, wood glue, screws, carpet about (internal dimensions roughly 5.5x14.25x14.5) $30

Hope this helps any of you looking for a solution.

Attached Files
    Last edited by ChuckNE; 03-27-2017, 09:34 PM. Reason: Pics

Nice!

So the "Pukebox" was only $30? Sounds about right for MDF and glue.

I know someone posted that they are working on a set of free plans that you can make your own "pukebox" for about that. All you need is a saw, glue, and 1/2 a day.
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

wait....GAS is out of business?!

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

gas is out of gas
        Originally posted by bmwm42
        PNW vulture pm me for parts
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Tragic. Glad i got a lukebox when i did...

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

You piqued my interest with the audiopipe crossovers. For the price i might have to give these a try as i emailed luke about getting a set of his with no response
            Originally posted by blunttech
            Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
            :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
              You piqued my interest with the audiopipe crossovers. For the price i might have to give these a try as i emailed luke about getting a set of his with no response
              I have them on my car, I posted on the Luke post a few weeks ago, tried them and they work, wish I could compare to his. Next ill do a box but I have a Vert so I will probably need one of those pass thrus to the cabin somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by tito12121 View Post
                I have them on my car, I posted on the Luke post a few weeks ago, tried them and they work, wish I could compare to his. Next ill do a box but I have a Vert so I will probably need one of those pass thrus to the cabin somehow.
                Do you like them? are you running them with e34 premium speakers?
                Originally posted by blunttech
                Levent guzzles vanilla hazelnut creamer like its my semen
                :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Shangsta View Post
                  Do you like them? are you running them with e34 premium speakers?
                  I like them and yes they are e34 Premium speakers and the premium tweeters in the back. Right now they are connected to an aftermarket radio and even on low bass settings theres too much. I plan to install a an active crossover to clean them up even more and install a separate bass box.

Comment

Working...
                  X