G260 Seals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G260 Seals

So I swapped out my trans becuase mine had a bad 4th gear. Long story short I was told the seals were good, but after driving it around there was fluid dripping out the rear of it onto the exhuast. I cant look to see where its leaking from now becuase Im in the middle of my turbo build but I was wondering If anyone has anything to say about the likely hood of it being the output flange, or selector shaft seal, how hard they are to do in car, how dumb I am for not doing it out of car, where to order the parts from/parts numbers, or any general information about this task I dont feel like dealing with?

Heres some pictures to make you smile if you came to read this and thought it was stupid

no one?

Comment

Check to see if the rear of the transmission is missing the bolts where the sheet metal shift console would attach. Those go into the transmission case and need short bolts as plugs if the transmission is used on a car with the aluminum shift console. Other wise the leak will be from the output shaft seal or the shifter seal. Neither of those are difficult to replace.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
      X