Another M60 5Speed Clutch Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another M60 5Speed Clutch Question

I bought the TTV Racing Flywheel for the purpose of mating an s50/52 clutch to the v8. I'm using m60b40 and 530i 5speed (ZF S5D 310Z).

The question comes in where I am unsure if I need to use a sprung vs ussprung clutch with the single mass flywheel.

I emailed TTV and there response was along the lines of, "as long as you have a good transmission (lower mileage and/or replaced input shaft bearing) you should be fine with a rigid clutch system" They know someone that has an m62 in an e36 with an s50 transmission, that uses an unsprung clutch and they don't have any chatter or gearbox noise.

What does R3v say? Is it safe to use a stock s50/52 clutch with a single mass flywheel? Is there an alternative clutch kit that would work (say e34 m5)?

Thanks!

Originally posted by ArtFoodBMW View Post
    I bought the TTV Racing Flywheel for the purpose of mating an s50/52 clutch to the v8. I'm using m60b40 and 530i 5speed (ZF S5D 310Z).

The question comes in where I am unsure if I need to use a sprung vs ussprung clutch with the single mass flywheel.

I emailed TTV and there response was along the lines of, "as long as you have a good transmission (lower mileage and/or replaced input shaft bearing) you should be fine with a rigid clutch system" They know someone that has an m62 in an e36 with an s50 transmission, that uses an unsprung clutch and they don't have any chatter or gearbox noise.

What does R3v say? Is it safe to use a stock s50/52 clutch with a single mass flywheel? Is there an alternative clutch kit that would work (say e34 m5)?

Thanks!
    I used TTV flywheel with E36 sprung clutch disc/PP Clutchmaster stage 1
    the S52 stk clutch may be different since its a Dual Mass PP ??
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
    X