Can anyone identify this short shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rob@UUC View Post
    I'll bet money that the UUC is smoother, more precise, and less effort. Then we'll look at them in 10 years and see which has held up better.

:)

Here's where my point lies. It better be smoother, more precise, etc. etc. for a shifter that costs 18 times more than an ebay B&M shifter (up to $454 compared to $25)!!

If we were to say that the B&M knockoff wasn't quite as smooth, etc as yours then the price difference would indicate that the B&M knockoff would have to be a much better value (but not quality) as compared to your shifter.

Personally I'd rather suffer a slightly inferior feel with the savings of $429 in my pocket. Especially when the knockoff has been proven to be of decent reliability.

And Rob, despite your efforts in providing information, so far, you do still sound like a salesman (especially to an engineer). No offense meant, just my opinion.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
      Here's where my point lies. It better be smoother, more precise, etc. etc. for a shifter that costs 18 times more than an ebay B&M shifter (up to $454 compared to $25)!!
      BMW M3: $70,000
      0-60mph: 4.2 seconds

Dodge Caliber SXT: $18,000
      0-60mph: 7.0 seconds

Which would you rather drive? Is there a difference for the money? The Dodge is less than 30% the price of the M3, is only 40% slower to 60mph, has four wheels and gets you from point A to point B, even has a six speed transmission. Do you think M3 buyers are getting some "sales job" and that's why they buy them?

Or do you suppose there might be some intrinsic quality and feel differences that make the M3 worth the premium?

If we were to say that the B&M knockoff wasn't quite as smooth, etc as yours then the price difference would indicate that the B&M knockoff would have to be a much better value (but not quality) as compared to your shifter.

Personally I'd rather suffer a slightly inferior feel with the savings of $429 in my pocket. Especially when the knockoff has been proven to be of decent reliability.
      Decent reliability? I don't even accept the knockoffs as trade-ins any more. Every B&M we get back is broken, the knockoffs are no better.

You really are comparing apples and oranges here, the two aren't similar at all. Look at a simple comparison:

UUC: Fully isolated lever, all bearing pivots, self-adjusting primary pivot, lifetime warranty. Precise, stays precise, and we back that up with a lifetime warranty. 100% made in USA.

B&M and knockoffs: Depending on style, 1-piece or non-isolated 2-piece (which transmits vibration and buzzing), plastic wear-prone bushings that get loose, unprotected primary pivot that picks up grit (drys out, gets rough and stiff). The entire unit is a limited-use design, and good luck getting any Ebay importer to warranty anything for you.

And Rob, despite your efforts in providing information, so far, you do still sound like a salesman (especially to an engineer). No offense meant, just my opinion.
      That's your perception issue. I'm providing technical data, differences between the units. If "sales" means showing the difference between two items, then guilty as charged. But most people, I'm pretty sure, see it differently.

If you don't have any money to spend, the $25 ebay knockoff is for you. If you want a quality product that does feel significantly different and, even more importantly, doesn't have all of the deficits and long-term degradation of the disposable product, buy a UUC. Thousands of people have already voted with their dollars and chosen the UUC.
      - Rob Levinson * UUC Motorwerks * 678-679-5360 * http://www.uucmotorwerks.com * rob@shortshifter.com
      Phone calls preferred. Email second. No PMs, that's why I have real email. :mrgreen:

BIG BRAKE KIT HEADQUARTERS!

Your source for E30 Ultimate Shifters, SwayBars, Brake parts/Big Brake Kits, and much more!

First ever LED headlight conversion - [ CLICK HERE ]

Comment

Working...
      X