Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

14 years - 1991 325ix, Stroker/5-Speed (N52 swap?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While reading this thread I was like...
    :D
    Then I got to the part with the cluster and I was like...
    :shock:

Moar pics of that please

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
    Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

it's not done yet. I need to make one more PCB to finish the wiring. was going to do individual wires, but it was going to be a mess, and I was afraid of it coming apart, or forgetting how the hell I built it later on (virtually gauranteed).

I have been working on other aspects of it (software, wiring diagrams) but right now it's too damn cold to do anything in my uninsulated garage. I bought a little portable heater and it's pretty much a joke.
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        it's not done yet. I need to make one more PCB to finish the wiring. was going to do individual wires, but it was going to be a mess, and I was afraid of it coming apart, or forgetting how the hell I built it later on (virtually gauranteed).

I have been working on other aspects of it (software, wiring diagrams) but right now it's too damn cold to do anything in my uninsulated garage. I bought a little portable heater and it's pretty much a joke.
        I hear ya, well if you get it done and I like it how much to make a duplicate :)

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

Comment

when I finish I'll let you know, but the hardware alone will probably cost about $100. Making it look nice/OEM, is unknown since I haven't even attempted that yet. Then I have to recode the cluster.. and you need an MSS54 dme to control it, and that has to be wired in... So it's not really as easy as making a kit.

Fortunately since I'm using all PCBs for the adapter I won't have to spend a lot of time wiring and trying to remember stuff.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

For sure, I'll keep following this thread for updates no the cluster this spring

Comment

read pretty much this whole thing.... my ix is a piece of shit to this gem
              SELL ME YOUR E30
              1988 Apline 325iX SOLD
              1999 MINT Lincoln Towncar Pimpin
              My Bike when they shit out :wgaf:

Comment

Nando -

I always loved your iX. Can't believe all the work you have done on it in my absence from R3V. You're iX is definitely one of the sexiest ones I have ever seen.
                Current BMW's:
                2004 330Ci
                1986 European 325i cabrio
                1986 735i

Previous BMW's:
                1989 325is RIP
                1989 325iX RIP
                2001 740iL RIP

Comment

thanks, don't give it too much credit though! there are a lot of E30s far nicer than mine. it's a driver, after all. :)
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    it's a driver, after all. :)
                    Doing what they are made for :)
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

This thread is awesome and will be a great reference for e30 owners old and new. Can't wait to see future updates with the direction you're taking with the power plant. Are you still autocrossing? If you had to get new tires would you stick with the r888's?

Comment

Hey, get build man love the guys that get to it themselves!

Curious, what are the tire specs, they're Federals rights?

sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Toyo Proxes R888 225/50R15.

This year could be pretty exciting, at least to me. Finally get some of this electrical stuff completed, like the cluster I started on over a year ago.. :)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerputzer View Post
                            This thread is awesome and will be a great reference for e30 owners old and new. Can't wait to see future updates with the direction you're taking with the power plant. Are you still autocrossing? If you had to get new tires would you stick with the r888's?
                            Unfortunately I haven't had time to do much autocross or track. little kids and no time. I'll get back to it eventually though.

I really like the R888s as an all around tire. I got really tired of dragging 2 sets of tires to the track or autox every weekend. It was nice to just show up, put a little more air in them, and drive. Then let some air out, and go home.. no changing wheels twice on a 95f summer day.

I might go with something a bit less aggressive next time though. The treadwear has been fine, my first set lasted me 3 summers, but the sidewalls are stiff as &*$# and they are also very noisy. I do like the 225s better on the street as they don't tramline as much and the steering is a little lighter, plus they weigh less.
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Keep it up man, wish I had seen this thread sooner. Looks really good!
                              sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

What size are your 6UL's? They look great with the 225 rubber.

Comment

Working...
                                X