Diff spacers with LS swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff spacers with LS swap.

What's the consensus on this? I know they are standard with the Sikky kit. The flange looks awfully close to the subframe on my swap without them. Does everyone run them, and if so, what's the preferred thickness?
    Yes
    100.00%
    No
    0.00%
    '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
    10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Originally posted by jon volk View Post
    What's the consensus on this? I know they are standard with the Sikky kit. The flange looks awfully close to the subframe on my swap without them. Does everyone run them, and if so, what's the preferred thickness?

It depends on the driveshaft you are using and how it's being adapted to the input shaft of the diff. Sikky uses an aluminum adapter that without spacers would rub the subframe.

I have a 12mm subframe rising bushings and 12mm diff spacers and clear with the sikky DS no problem.

-Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Nick

Comment

Mine is just the Spicer 1310 joint flange adapter to a 2.5" steel shaft. Its close enough to the subframe that I'd need a feeler gauge to check the clearance. My use a washer just to buy an extra few thousandths of an inch
      '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
      10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Unless your diff and trans mounts are rock solid, there will be some movement in the diff and even more so with V8 torque. If it's as close as you say it is then you'll definitely need spacers. I'm using whatever came with my swap kit. I think they're 5mm thick?
        Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Was dealing with quite a bit of vibration over 70mph

.......My diff is now spaced down 12mm (BTW that was hitting the gas tank)
          1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
          COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
          X