Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chameleonleather View Post
    why is the estate wax so expensive?
    There are probably chopped up pieces of baby seals in there, along with other rare minerals only found in one area of the world and, of course, the juice of God.

No, I'm kidding, I have no idea why it's so expensive.
    - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
    E36 325i sedan
    E30 325i sedan
    Volvo 945T

Comment

fuck I want that car. and those guys are extremely good at what they do.
      PNW Crew
      90 m3
      06 m5

Comment

WOW, does that guy know how to prep, clean, prep, wax, prep, clean! Damn, hes good. If only I was in the UK. Id have him clean up the Lotus.

Comment

I'm going to be burned at the stake for this...

I like E36 M3's more and more all the time. I want one. Not to replace the E30, I just want one.

Comment

That is one awesome e36 I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
              I'm going to be burned at the stake for this...

I like E36 M3's more and more all the time. I want one. Not to replace the E30, I just want one.
              They are impressive cars, indeed. They have their share of flaws with the interior and all, but after seeing many at the track, they look to be very formidable contenders to just about any E30. My father used to have a Dakar MY97 coupe, I remember it had a much more solid (interior/mechanical) feel than most E30's I've been in.
              - Trey

E36 325i sedan
              E30 325i sedan
              Volvo 945T

Comment

Wow I read your whole detail thread and my hats off to you. Truly amazing job you did. Car looks superb.

Comment

I don't think the detail job was done by him. Well, maybe.
                  - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

what a fucking nerd though, he showed no motor checkup. we don't even know if he changed the damn fluids before he had it washed and leaf blowed. haha

im just jealous, but only one engine pic!!...

Comment

My only gripe with him is now that the car is so perfect, he wont drive it. It will sit in a garage, under a cover, and only be taken out for councours shows. That's not what these cars are about. I'm all for keeping your car clean and well maintained, but I doubt this thing will ever see a decent road in it's life now. It's too clean to be let out in to the real world. The whole point of this car is to be driven, fast. If you have an old 1930 something-or-other that handles like a boat and is impossible to drive, by all means keep it spotless and take it to concours events. But this is a feakin GT2 M3, one of only 50 in the country. I feel sad that it will never be used like an M3 should.

Ya, he's good at what he does. But what he did was sound the death knell for this car IMO.
                      Last edited by CorvallisBMW; 08-08-2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by submwar View Post
                        what a fucking nerd though, he showed no motor checkup. we don't even know if he changed the damn fluids before he had it washed and leaf blowed. haha

im just jealous, but only one engine pic!!...
                        Originally posted by The OCD Guy
                        Glass was cleaned with bohle glass cleaner and under the bonnet was left untouched. This is mainly due to the fact that the car will be entered in some concourse events and I need to due further work replacing any slightly tarnished bolts etc. Will probably do a write up of the engine bay detail when I do it. Looks pretty good for now though.
                        - Trey

E36 325i sedan
                        E30 325i sedan
                        Volvo 945T

Comment

just awesome!
                          Continuous For Sale Thread
                          323i s50

Comment

Nice!! I love rare one-offs. Even if it is an E36. ;)

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                            1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                            1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

I have just as much respect for someone who has a passion for making cars outstandingly clean and flawless (concours) as I do for someone who has a passion for pushing their car to the limits and driving it. Both are hobbies, both involve enjoying cars. There's no "right way" to use your car.

;)

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                                My only gripe with him is now that the car is so perfect, he wont drive it. It will sit in a garage, under a cover, and only be taken out for councours shows. That's not what these cars are about. I'm all for keeping your car clean and well maintained, but I doubt this thing will ever see a decent road in it's life now. It's too clean to be let out in to the real world. The whole point of this car is to be driven, fast. If you have an old 1930 something-or-other that handles like a boat and is impossible to drive, by all means keep it spotless and take it to concours events. But this is a feakin GT2 M3, one of only 50 in the country. I feel sad that it will never be used like an M3 should.

Ya, he's good at what he does. But what he did was sound the death knell for this car IMO.
                                Shit...my dad has a 1930 Ford AA truck, sucker can't get over 45 with the pedal to the floor, going downhill. Still fun to drive.

Comment

Working...
                                X