New clutch is slipping!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New clutch is slipping!?!

I just finished up a boosted m20 stroker. Everything was running fine till we hit the Dyno. The car did great while street tuning. A few days after street tuning I woke up to the car not having any clutch pressure. I checked the reservoir and it was almost empty. I filled it up to the MAX level and let sit while air bubbled out of lines them capped it. I waiting a few then pumped the clutch pedal and it started building pressure. The following day the same thing, no clutch pressure! So I did the same thing again filled, pumped pedal and again there's was pressure in the pedal. During both those times the brake pedal never lost pressure. I'm running a m20 "i" head, "e" short block, '98 318ti trans, e36 m3 slave cylinder, stock "i" flywheel, (yes, eBay) XTD stage 3 clutch and upgraded Sach pressure plate and "ix" double brake booster. I'm going to start checking for fluid leaks or anything else. Any and all help appreciated!
    Last edited by GUERONASTY; 03-22-2016, 02:28 PM. Reason: Update transmission info

I'm almost certain it's the EBay garbage XTD clutch. Not my preference but got it like that. Now to see what Getrag from this '98 318Ti is and Spec stage 3 6 puck clutch / pressure plate combo.

Comment

If you are losing brake fluid and have no clutch pressure then the slave cylinder is busted, or a hydraulic line isn't tight going to it.

Comment

The fluid reservoir is the same for the brakes as well. Do not drive the car until you figure this out or you may lose braking.

This has nothing to do with the clutch. As stated above, you either have a leak, or your clutch master or slave cylinder is dead leaking.

Also, you need to bleed the air out of the system after you fill it. You can't just add fluid to an empty system and hope for the best.

Comment

Yes the slave cylinder is busted and the clutch was trash!

Comment

Working...
          X