My e30 Track Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My e30 Track Car

Been working on this car for about 3+ years. Started as a daily driver and then became a track car. All bushings, bearings, and maintenance items have been replaced from necessiry and a preventative standpoint. Suspension was painted to look new when it was all put together. Overall clean, reliable mechanicals, body needs paint.

Couple of quick pics that should cover the basics.

that is one sexy engine bay.

Comment

Nice work. Wish I had the kind of money to do that.

Where did you get the brake ducts from?

91 318is

Comment

Good looking motor swap

Andy
        -Andy

Comment

That is a very well done swap. Looks right at home, and not a wire to be found
          James Burger
          DynotechMotorsports

Comment

You got one sexy e30,engine bay is just amazing!
            I www.ak-bmwcroatia.com I

:wgaf:

Comment

Very nice swap! That is indeed the ideal modified non-M e30.

Comment

beautiful

7speedshop.com

Comment

Looks clean. Tell us more about your components, drivetrain and suspension?
                  Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                    Looks clean. Tell us more about your components, drivetrain and suspension?
                    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Hey it's my car...except completely gutted!

How much difference did you feel in acceleration after gutting it?
                      Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

That engine bay is soooo damn clean!
                        -Pierre
                        1987 535is
                        1988 325is

Comment

Thanks everyone --

brandondan1 -- I'm using TMS backing plates and actual duct hose from the hardware store in the HVAC section. It's about $8 for 20ft and relatively durable. It's lasted about 5 track events so far with no signs of damage. Not as nice as the silicone brake hosing but a fraction of the price and when it's broken at least I'll have the lengths all figured already.

Drivetrain -- '95 m3 motor, trans, harness, ECU from the same car. 3.46 diff, aluminum flywheel, power steering delete, 24lb injectors, 3.5" HFM, etc...

Suspension -- e30 m3 5-lug swap, adjustable rear camber/castor, front camber plates (soon to be vorshlag), TMS j-stock springs and shocks, ST sway bars, many welded re-inforcements, VSR 4-point rollbar, 14lb seats (maybe lighter), 6 point harnesses, 15x8 wheels

That's all the major parts that come to the top of my head. As you all know there are 100 other things that don't make the list. Pulls e46 m3's on straights, it has a good power to weight ratio as I guess the weight to be around 2550+/- Will be lightening a few body panels this coming winter and adding some more rollbar as well. Trying to eliminate all unnecessary weight within reason. I still drive it to and from the track so all lights work and it has heat (it's cold in the midwest early in the track season).

I run mostly with the Badger Bimmers, Milwaukee PCA, and leaving in the morning for Gingerman with the Chicago PCA. Most frequented tracks are Road America, Blackhawk Farms, Gingerman.

Comment

What intake elbow, reducer, air filter package are you running?

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
                            You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

just put the bimmerworld silicone intake boot on last week. Bolts right up to the 3.5" HFM and then I have a metal pipe in there that extends to the filter. It's kind of ghetto in front of the HFM, something I plan to rework once I loose the high beam on that side.

Comment

Working...
                              X