CXracing turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CXracing turbo kit

What do you guys think of this turbo kit? Anybody ever used it?? It seems kinda cheap
    sigpic
    BIMMER für IMMER

The best thing about that kit is the intercooler, silicone elbows, and 2 of the 11 pipes that are actually usable.
    The rest is common ebay crud.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Good to know thanks
      sigpic
      BIMMER für IMMER

Comment

maybe try this kit http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant...ry_Code=TRBBMW

sell off the turbo and get something decent. The manifold fits great from my experience

7speedshop.com

Comment

Don't let the cheap price fool you. This is a solid kit and if you add a tune and bigger injectors it should be very strong. Just my 2 cents
          sigpicthis how WE roll

Comment

Originally posted by ryderb1474 View Post
            Don't let the cheap price fool you. This is a solid kit and if you add a tune and bigger injectors it should be very strong. Just my 2 cents

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post

Yeah you are one to talk.. Ireland can't even design a motor/transmission mount that can support its own weight.
              Last edited by 10Toes; 05-08-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 10Toes View Post
                Yeah you are one to talk.. Ireland can't even design a motor/transmission mount that can support its own weight.
                haha, I'd thankfully almost forgotten about those. I started working at IE a couple years ago when that was an issue, they are one of the turnarounds I'm pretty proud of. Think your info's pretty out of date at this point though.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

I don't understand what the problem with CXRacing is.

They sell budget products that actually fit. Hell a few of my friends have had good luck with ebay turbo's as well. Found the key is to take it apart and reassemble with locktite on everything before install. Still, it's no dual BB garrett, but for the cost....
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                    I don't understand what the problem with CXRacing is.

They sell budget products that actually fit. Hell a few of my friends have had good luck with ebay turbo's as well. Found the key is to take it apart and reassemble with locktite on everything before install. Still, it's no dual BB garrett, but for the cost....
                    I have seen the ebay turbo's do some crazy stuff in the domestic world. a lot of those are built to a factory spec, the problem is people then run the absolute PSI piss out of them and get mad when they fail. There is a dude on turbo forums that took 2 57mm ebay turbos and made roughly 600hp at the wheels on a stock block before cracking it. Have realistic expectation with what you got, it's like you said, they aren't dual BB garretts either.
                    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

I know 2 local E30's running cxracing turbo's and honestly they do just fine and both cost under $200, the CXracing turbos are computer balanced before shipment. I wouldn't trade my $700 turbonetics for one but there are no issues with the cxracing turbo's in my experience.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I'm assuming to go turbo with that kit you also need a setup like Megasquirt?
                        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Hello,

Welcome In this Forum. Here you get all the information related to your query.
                          I am new here please ask this question to your friends, senior person, expert

Thanks
                          ---------------------------

Top Ten Classified Website

Comment

Has anyone moved to the new CXracing style manifold? They state they have made improvements, but I'm curious if anyone is running one and can describe how the fitment is, what kind of power is being made....Since they also offer a downpipe, it might be an easy swap for those of us running the adapter.
                            1997 Artic Silver M3
                            CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Would also love to hear more

Comment

Working...
                              X